weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
im looking at the forecast thru the 17th of january....very mild..mid to upper 40's during the day...this is unheard of....

Look for me sitting around outside...on a milk crate. :lol:

SOME OF THE TOP FORCASTERS HAVE SAID IF NO SIGNIFICANT SNOW FALLS(12-24") BY THE END OF JANUARY, WINTER THIS YEAR FOR THE MOST PART WILL BE DONE. :) ]

This is crazy. Hit 60 here in pa yesterday. I split in the morning, then go in. its just too warm.

In the 20s with a decent breeze and snow coming down here right now. Barely enough to feel like winter.

Same here - we've had a few very cold days, but was stacking in a t-shirt and vest yesterday morning, and ice skating on the pond in the moonlight with the kids till about 8pm with just a fleece. Definitely a mild winter so far, but after last year's very heavy snows and bitter temps, I'm enjoying the break and getting a lot of wood work and other work done! Cheers!

This does not make KC a very happy person. I have way to much money wrapped up into winter for it not to happen.

This is just unreal.

KC

Here in northern Ky, it is supposed to get colder by the end of the week. Highs will be in the low to mid 30's. (slightly cooler than average). No big snow storms are in the forecast either.

accuweather seems to think this will be our last week of spring. Winter comes next week.

Complete pattern change looks to be setting up by the end of the week. How far south the cold penetrates, where the storms track, and how long the pattern locks in remain to be seen. Either way the last half of January will be much different than the first half.

NordicSplitter said:
SOME OF THE TOP FORCASTERS HAVE SAID IF NO SIGNIFICANT SNOW FALLS(12-24") BY THE END OF JANUARY, WINTER THIS YEAR FOR THE MOST PART WILL BE DONE. :) ]

I am not holding my breath-the lakes are WIDE OPEN and warm...perfect for LES making with the right wind and temp combos...

Last time we had extended January thaw here in Maryland, we had a blizzard in February. Actually, that happens a lot here, we have a saying: If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes.

I played outside Saturday with the chainsaw--it was like spring. :coolsmile:

Snowing at the moment here in the Tropics of Northern Virginia. Not supposed to amount to much. Just white rain.

Actually got a couple of inches of the fat wet stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.