Week 3 of 20

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

Well looks like this year the real heating season doesn't start quite so early???

Anyway, still no ash removal. I think ash removal is one of the things I've had the most trouble with on the GW. I've decided it's important to keep the coals from building up. Helps to not reload until she drops below your low setpoint. Keep the coals to the back, drag the ash to the front. Stir the ash enough to make it glow, and it will burn down more.

Actually burning some silver maple limbs that came down during a wind storm this fall. Punky where they split from the trunk, so not totally 'green'.

A couple of bad decisions during the last 'wood-getting-session' means the boiler room is still not full of wood, though I have not touched the outside wood pile.

I'd guess the wood-sipping weather is about to end. It's 58 °F at the mo :wow:

Party is about to start thats for sure 26 tonight!

waiting for temps to drop again tonight. 60 today wish we had weather like this all summer. now i want the cold! i hate splitting in this heat. lol

I guess when the high is 20, it's shirt sleeve weather around here. Starting with tonight, the forecast lows are 12, 10, 4 and 8 for the next four nights. All is "cool," and at least through yesterday I still am burning only 6-7 hours every 2nd or 3rd day. This is the first heating system after I moved the Tarm to my new shop, and I am waiting for the -30 cool down to come to see how the radiant floor system performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.