Spent the weekend at a friend's cabin with a few other couples. The only heat source for most of the place is a large open fireplace. We've been there before, but this time around the wood was split late last summer. Which means it was wet-really wet. I could tell when we got there - the smoke billowing out of the chimney was the first clue. Once inside the sizzle was obvious. We got there Friday and the inside temps were in the 40s.....by Saturday night we were finally in the low 60's but the amount of wood burned to achieve this temp was staggering. It required about 5 loads of wood overnight to keep things going. Such a waste....of time and wood. I swear nearly a cord of wood was burned in one weekend.....just amazing. I kept imagining a stove installed in this mammoth fireplace and how much warmer we all would have been that weekend...but then again, the wet wood we had to burn would have ruined any benefit a stove would have had.... Anyway, I figured you guys could sympathize with what I endured that weekend. It wasn't pretty.