Weekend work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Well I finally set up my Laptop Windows computer. I was tired of typing code This Laptop Pentium IIII 1000, not a rocket ship, but it gets there wireless networked finally. The good news is, I have the entire 2006 International codes installed.
This is the complete Building, Plumbing, Gas, Mechanical codes, and Residential one and two familly dwelling codes. I also have the entire NFPA 2003 codes Including NFPA 211. I can select, cut. and paste any indivual codes and post them here without typing. We all know typing is my weakest skill. Sometimes it is easier to go with the flow, that is why I did not try to install this on my
Mac..

One a side note: One year after I bought my 12 ton Electric splitter, I upgraded it to 16 tons, I am still amazed at what it can do.
Part of it is learning its limitations. It will split 24"round by 20" long oak one after another. To make things easier, I have setup ramps to roll those large splits in position. Right now it sits 200' from the electrical plug and I have had it 50' further, seems to work fine, at that distance. Only caution I have, is not to run the pool filter at the same time, (both on the same 20 amp curcuit. Not a problem latter in the Fall and Winter). I have just about caught up on splitting. I still have to cut and pick up 2 more cords given to me. Either its been too hot or raining, or they would be here. Total split by the splitter in the year's time, I guess about 9 cords.

Wish I could force myself to fork out the 35 for the .pdf. I already have a hardcopy so I'll have to stick with that. It will be really beneficial for you to be able to cut and paste code though. Many people ask for this and it is a pain typing it all out verbatim.
I worked on my log mantle this weekend. I got the hearth cut and the mantle shelf. Tomorrow evening I'll cut the breast plate and hopefully the legs. I am going to try to cut an 6-8" lodgepole pine down the middle for the legs. Tomorrow at work I'll be sanding and shaping the corners for the shelf. (After I pay the bills blah!) I'm going to put it around an 864 fireplace.

About a month back I wrote a review here on a 6 ton electric splitter. Better than the Ryoibi for splitting power. but not as well built and cost $50 less. I learned my barns hydro pump and detent valve and motor had capacity beyong the original 12 tons The detent valve is adjustiable with a screw. Default setting was 2250 PSi but it is capable of 3000 psi. The hydro pump is the same one used in 25 ton gas units. the only other difference was the hydro cylinder which I replaced from the 12 ton capacity to 16 a little larger diameter. It was there so I had to push it I may be making even more than the 16 tons. It's in my nature to tinker. be it a car or over clocking a computer. The reason was not 12 tons did not do the job, I wanted more.

Can you post a picture or two of the final product with specifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.