Well, finally going to change to Hi-Lo.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

since the temps are going to drop pretty significantly starting overnight tonight. I think this is the very latest I've done this.....it's been way warmer this late into heating season in quite a few years.....not that I'm complaining, especially after our last "Winter from He**". :)

This warmth is like pellets in the piggy bank! ;-) Might not even hit the 3 ton mark this year?

I'll be right there with you on the hi/lo once this cold spell comes. Might even dig thru the stack to get the cubies or Hamers ready to toss in sometime this weekend JIC! :)

What you got for hotstuff to toss in?

imacman said:
since the temps are going to drop pretty significantly starting overnight tonight. I think this is the very latest I've done this.....it's been way warmer this late into heating season in quite a few years.....not that I'm complaining, especially after our last "Winter from He**". :)

Temps have been unusually warm this year. Just means more pellets for next season. Better than money in the bank. ;-P

j-takeman said:
.......What you got for hotstuff to toss in?

Well, the choices are green letter Lignetics Hard/Soft blend, green letter Lignetics hard, and Barefoots leftover from last year.

Surprisingly, the Ligs Hard/Soft blend is a VERY nice burning pellet. I burned about 3 bags just to test the heat output, and it's GOOD. Then today, threw a bag of the Ligs hard in the hopper, and they seem just as good. Looks like those are my "go to" pellets now (plus the Barefoots are buried....LOL).

imacman said:
j-takeman said:
.......What you got for hotstuff to toss in?

Well, the choices are green letter Lignetics Hard/Soft blend, green letter Lignetics hard, and Barefoots leftover from last year.

Surprisingly, the Ligs Hard/Soft blend is a VERY nice burning pellet. I burned about 3 bags just to test the heat output, and it's GOOD. Then today, threw a bag of the Ligs hard in the hopper, and they seem just as good. Looks like those are my "go to" pellets now (plus the Barefoots are buried....LOL).

I'm going for the GTs for this cold snap.....

Status
Not open for further replies.