Well, i changed my mind, i just ordered a Harman XXV. No eco tech this year for me!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice choice! ;-)

Post some pics when you get it up and running

For those of us still on the fence, (and not having done our homework), is there a break in procedure for a new stove, small fires first? Or other tricks we should be aware of?

And congrads on the new stove.

slow-al said:
For those of us still on the fence, (and not having done our homework), is there a break in procedure for a new stove, small fires first? Or other tricks we should be aware of?.......

The most common "break-in" of a pellet stove is to run it on High for an hour or two, which causes any oils or coatings to smoke and "burn-off". Best to have the windows/doors open, unless you can do it with the stove set-up outdoors.

You will like your XXV.

Ordered my pellets today, i think i can get by with 2 tons of Rocky Mountain's. We will see.

My planned installation is going to be simple. I bought the top flue kit for the XXV so that will take it directly to 6" with out the use of any L pipe. I am simply going to remove my Mansfield and stick the pellet stove in place, and plop the double wall telescope right down on it. Hell, i might even sweep my chimney first :/

I love the look of the XXV with the top vent kit. I think that is one of the coolest ideas. Congrats!

MountainStoveGuy said:
My planned installation is going to be simple. I bought the top flue kit for the XXV so that will take it directly to 6" with out the use of any L pipe. I am simply going to remove my Mansfield and stick the pellet stove in place, and plop the double wall telescope right down on it. Hell, i might even sweep my chimney first :/

Let me know when to have the freight guys there to pick up the Mansfield. :cheese:

Also - for the first burn in and maybe the first couple of times firing, be sure to remove the smoke detectors from areas that are contiguous with the stove. They'll all go off. I think the paint particles, while not smoke, per say, set them off. I only have experience with the dual-sensor detector. I think it's ionization and photoelectric. You might give some thought to the carbon-monoxide detector also. Mine wasn't installed on the test day. Good luck with the stove - it's a great stove.

cliff

BrotherBart said:
MountainStoveGuy said:

Let me know when to have the freight guys there to pick up the Mansfield. :cheese:

Whats the addy BB?
http://denver.craigslist.org/for/1341175651.html

Whoa! Local dealer only wants $2,645 for a new one with the black trim. And freight is just pulling the trailer into town.

Carry on.

Yep thats a deal for a black one, retail is $3200, brown enamel is $3800, but for you BB, i will send it down for $2500 + shipping :)

MSG, what prompted the switch between the original choice and the XXV? Being a dealer for a number of models and have a bit more info at your disposal that us mear mortals, share the pro's and con's if you would.

WOOT ordered my three tons of rocky mountains today! Im getting all fired up about pellets this year... now for the next purchase. A 2000w Honda generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.