Well, I swapped it!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrblkk

Minister of Fire
Feb 2, 2008
Northampton, PA
Took advantage of the decent weather today and installed my new 55-TRPEP. Just had to reconfigure my vent because this stoves exhaust is 3" higher than my pdvc. Here's a pic cuz it did happen!!!

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 509
Looks sharp! First impression's? We'd love to hear them. :)

Surge suppressor? Don't see one in the picture and just reminding tis all. ;-)

Enjoy!

Looks great.....thanks for the pic. Enjoy the (new) heat!!

Don't forget to leave a "review" after a few days of burning.

Ditto on what Jay said about the surge unit.

j-takeman said:

Enjoy!

Come Jay...I'm not a rook!!! Of course I have a surge suppressor! lololol It's a Cyberpower surge, I actually replaced my old one with this one over X-Mas....it was sort of a present to my stove...lol OK....first impressions:

1 - I love the look of the stove

2 - Got a great deal from AM/FM

3 - It's way quieter than my pdvc

4 - I needed to crank up my LFF to 5 from the default of 1 to get good heat out of this thing......current setting is 4-4-1.....I'm currently burning a leftover bag of Greenways from last year....my pdvc loved them and the 55 seems to like it too.....house it currently at 75 degrees......

5 - I sanded the inside of the hopper....It had a lot of over spray that kept the pellets from sliding freely....I think another poster mentioned this too.

6 - So far the only thing I didn't like so far is there are sharp edges on the inside lip of the hopper...I cut myself a few times until I sanded them and knocked the edge off.

I burned this thing out in the garage for a couple days to cure that paint and get the smell out of the stove.....I'll post more if I think of anything....

Looking good...... Love the Look of the EP. I think its one of the sharpest looking Bay window stoves out there. The 2 small side windows.. The way they are angled on the top, just makes it look much better than the other Bay's out there. IMO. Thats coming from a Bay Window owner..

Enjoy the heat......

slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:

Enjoy!

Come Jay...I'm not a rook!!! Of course I have a surge suppressor! lololol It's a Cyberpower surge, I actually replaced my old one with this one over X-Mas....it was sort of a present to my stove...lol OK....first impressions:

1 - I love the look of the stove

2 - Got a great deal from AM/FM

3 - It's way quieter than my pdvc

4 - I needed to crank up my LFF to 5 from the default of 1 to get good heat out of this thing......current setting is 5-4-1.....I'm currently burning a leftover bag of Greenways from last year....my pdvc loved them and the 55 seems to like it too.....house it currently at 75 degrees......

5 - I sanded the inside of the hopper....It had a lot of over spray that kept the pellets from sliding freely....I think another poster mentioned this too.

6 - So far the only thing I didn't like so far is there are sharp edges on the inside lip of the hopper...I cut myself a few times until I sanded them and knocked the edge off.

I burned this thing out in the garage for a couple days to cure that paint and get the smell out of the stove.....I'll post more if I think of anything....

Oops, Forgot your not a rookie. But If I didn't say something, The local code cop would have my head. :cheese:

slvrblkk said:
4 - I needed to crank up my LFF to 5 from the default of 1 to get good heat out of this thing......current setting is 4-4-1.....

Might try 3-5-1 too......works well on my 10-cpm. More air, hotter flame.....just a thought.

imacman said:
slvrblkk said:
4 - I needed to crank up my LFF to 5 from the default of 1 to get good heat out of this thing......current setting is 4-4-1.....

Might try 3-5-1 too......works well on my 10-cpm. More air, hotter flame.....just a thought.

Thanks macman....I'll give it a try....I'm going to tinker a bit with this...It is burning great right no though....I did mees with it a little in the garage but didn't want to get carried away until I had it in the house...

By the way...I know everyone knows this but this really is a great forum with great members!

Cooper said:
How did you move the exhaust?? I assume it was thru the wall ?

There was a 3" height difference from the old exhaust to the new and just did another cutout of the thimble 3" higher....really wasn't a big deal.....Luckily the thimble is big enough to cover the old hole without having to do a bunch of patchwork.....

smoke show said:
Cooper said:
How did you move the exhaust?? I assume it was thru the wall ?

I was gonna ask the same. we love pics.

Here is a pic of my vent....You can see the 3" difference in the paint color....literally just raised it 3" with a new cutout...

Attachments

• vent.jpg
    vent.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 309
Hello

Nice work and a good stove for the money!

How do you like the AshPan on it???

Don2222 said:
Hello

Nice work and a good stove for the money!

How do you like the AshPan on it???

That was one of the reasons I upgraded to this stove was to have an ashpan. It's easy to remove and a half decent size. The funny thing is I'm so used to vacuuming my old pdvc that I still might just keep doing it....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.