Well its official I purchased the Encore

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

I think I have pulled off a good deal. !999 VC Encore used two seasons $500 ( Hunter green)
I have inspected it and it appears to be in decent shape. I know I need to replace the griddle gasket,
probably the cat or at least clean it. Very few chips in the ceramic, no warped or cracked plates inside.
I plan to pick it up this coming weekend, then I will take the time to go threw it before putting in in service.
I will be selling my 3 year old Resolute Acclaim. The final piece of my installation will be purchasing the 6" flue collar
plate.

Sounds like a great deal to me Elk. I bet you can get your $500 or more back when you sell your Acclaim.

The hunter green is a great color. I had a StardanceDV in Hunter green really liked it. They discontinued that color last year but have brought it back again this year along with some other really cool colors. Best of luck with the new stove Elk! I know we'll hear about how it performs. We're supposed to get some snow here tonight (5in.) so I'll get to fire the pellet stove up atleast one more time this season.

This deal was a long time in the making. It made no sense to swap out my existing stove
this late in the season. Luckly I have an understanding seller. Now I will have time to do what is necessary
to get this stove ready for the next heating season. The Resolute will be 100% ready for sale. It has the added
bread warming tray and mitten drying rack, plus a rear heat shield, that reduces the distance to combustiables.
The gaskets are still good and nothing needs replacement yet. Almost chip fee cermaic surface. Depends upon
how well my remodeling does this year. I might just give it away to a needy familly. No promises yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.