Welp, had the oil tank filled Thursday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
I'll run the boiler during the shoulder seasons until it reliably stays in the 40s. I can pull easy draft when it's 70 out (Did it with the 2 weeks of rain we had a couple weeks ago.) , but can't see burning a load of wood when the boiler would only fire once a day. When it's time to run the 30 I'll run my 4 cords or so through it. Hopefully I'll have some left at the end of the heating season. I'm going to try to go it on less than 200 gallons of the black stuff.

Wish me luck! Tonight is our first frost warning!

Matt

You can do it. 0 oil for us last year and about 120 Litres on the average yearly consumption normaly. We only saw -30 twice last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.