Went To The Stihl Dealer Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigg_Redd

Minister of Fire
Oct 19, 2008
Shelton, WA
To buy a couple chains (skip tooth, round bit) and couldn't help looking at the saws.

He had a 361 ($619) and I asked if they had stopped shipping them yet. He said, "No." (If he had said "yes" I might have a new 361 right now). He further said that most of the Stihl line would be overhauled/replaced by the end of next year.

Discuss.

Bigg_Redd said:
To buy a couple chains (skip tooth, round bit) and couldn't help looking at the saws.

He had a 361 ($619) and I asked if they had stopped shipping them yet. He said, "No." (If he had said "yes" I might have a new 361 right now). He further said that most of the Stihl line would be overhauled/replaced by the end of next year.

Discuss.

Dealer's around here are getting the 362 I bought the last known 361 around here a month ago,but very soon he will only be able to get a 362..

Seems a little contrary to what the dealers are posting over at the Arboristsite. I believe production of the 361 has ceased, so when they are gone, they are gone. The 362 is getting very good reviews as well despite being a little more hefty, the power and smoothness seem to be better.

The only models I am personally interested in, the 460 and 660 do not appear to have strato saws in the works to replace them in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.