were to put my new stove a b c d

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pbaehr

Mar 11, 2009
connecticut
I am thinking about getting another stove. My house is rectangle shaped 2 story colionail 36x24 with a addition off the back corner that is 16x32 with 22 foot cealing. Right now the stove is set up th heat the back room but I put fans in front of the stove and blow hot air into the rest of the house and it is very un efficent to use the stove this way. The back room is about 69 to 72 deg and the down stairs is about 66 deg the up stairs is 62 deg with all electric heat off until out side temp drops below 20 deg. So whice corner do i stick another one or I was thinking about the quad zero clearence fire place insert in the dining room. We are planing to add on up stairs 58x28 2 car garage big master office and a lot of storage (no basement slab) thanks.

Attachments

• back room.jpg
    back room.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 380
Well we spend the most time in the big back room which I can heat for about half a bag a day when there are no fans in front of the stove to push the air into the rest of the house that takes about 1 to 1 1/2 bags a day to heat the whole house. I think I can heat my whole house for that much or less with 2 stoves. I would have to say litchen or reading room's are second.

Without seeing the furniture configuration, I think I would go with C too like the other poster said. Just my $.02.

pbaehr said:
I am thinking about getting another stove. My house is rectangle shaped 2 story colionail 36x24 with a addition off the back corner that is 16x32 with 22 foot cealing. Right now the stove is set up th heat the back room but I put fans in front of the stove and blow hot air into the rest of the house and it is very un efficent to use the stove this way. The back room is about 69 to 72 deg and the down stairs is about 66 deg the up stairs is 62 deg with all electric heat off until out side temp drops below 20 deg. So whice corner do i stick another one or I was thinking about the quad zero clearence fire place insert in the dining room. We are planing to add on up stairs 58x28 2 car garage big master office and a lot of storage (no basement slab) thanks.

I'd go somewhere between w and e, unless there is a gradient between r and k prime. Might need some feng shui here

Status
Not open for further replies.