What a difference the new window gasket makes!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfglickman

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2012
NW CT
Just an update, we replaced the baffle and glass gaskets on the FV201 this weekend. The baffle one was incorrectly/poorly done by me last year, but we had not done the glass gasket when we bought the stove as it seemed tight and the glass was clean.

When I'd burn a hot fire, the glass would clean. I assumed any residual blurriness etc. was due to the fact that the older FV does not have an airwash system.

Wow was I wrong - the new glass gasket makes the fire viewing AMAZING. I no longer feel like I've got an "old version" of a FV, I just feel like I got one that is in its prime. :)

Thanks to all who gave me advice on replacement in the other thread...

Glad it worked out for you.

That is great Mary! Bet you wish you'd changed that a long time ago.

Reactions: mfglickman
Just an update, we replaced the baffle and glass gaskets on the FV201 this weekend. The baffle one was incorrectly/poorly done by me last year, but we had not done the glass gasket when we bought the stove as it seemed tight and the glass was clean.

When I'd burn a hot fire, the glass would clean. I assumed any residual blurriness etc. was due to the fact that the older FV does not have an airwash system.

Wow was I wrong - the new glass gasket makes the fire viewing AMAZING. I no longer feel like I've got an "old version" of a FV, I just feel like I got one that is in its prime. :)

Thanks to all who gave me advice on replacement in the other thread...

Glad the gasket worked out for you. Would you be kind enough to post a link to the other thread? Would like to know more - thanks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.