What a full $200 wood rack looks like

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkxingu

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2007
S.NH
Greetings,
Got my wood rack filled this morning- with another pile and this, I'm up to about four years ahead with about two years's worth to be split still (nowhere to put it!). All scrounge- haven't bought since I started burning.

Peace!

S

Attachments

• 2011-11-20_11-49-54_14.jpg
    2011-11-20_11-49-54_14.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 983
Very nice wood shed! Even nicer being years ahead with its content! :)

The only problem with being years ahead is that your life is empty and has no meaning until it's time to start scrounging, bucking, splitting, and stacking again!

Dan,
You're right--but it's only because I've got another rack and pile ready. Once those are gone, I'll be c/s/s each year for the year or two after.

Also, just a note: when I planned to build this out of 2 x 4's, I did it thinking I would make vertical stacks at each corner and fill in between so there would be no weight left/right or forward/back. It seemed to work well as there is no bowing anywhere.

S

That's a very neat wood shed, Mrs Woodchip now wants to know why mine isn't that tidy........ ;-)

Very nice shed. I do see 1 problem though, I think here is room for a couple more splits on the right side. :)

Very nice. It is a great feeling one gets from looking at his neatly stacked wood.

DanCorcoran said:
The only problem with being years ahead is that your life is empty and has no meaning until it's time to start scrounging, bucking, splitting, and stacking again!

:lol: :lol:

Love that shed thinx, looks even better filled up.

Very nice "roofed rack" AKA "wood shed" :)
Good job!

Nice rack and even nicer being 4 years ahead.

Looks good . . . and affordable to boot.

Got anymore pics of the wood shed? In progress or empty ones? I'm planning on building one in the spring. Got a Harman P61A pellet stove and an old inefficient woodstove but will upgrade that in the next few years so I want to build a shed like yours in the spring so I can start accumulating wood. Looking to build one that will hold about 2-3 cord.

I can't image being 4 years ahead on wood.
But you gotta make hay while the sun shines.

Give you $250 for it with the wood. Thats a 25% gain on your part.

I figure what the heck, tis almost Christmas Season and I can be generous.

Agreed with the above - a very nice looking shed, especially full of wood!

We finished building our shed this summer - 3 bays and sized so that each bay is around 1 year's worth of wood. We just need to get her filled up!

Mike

mepellet,
Here are a couple, sans wood. Let me know if you've any other questions.

S

Attachments

• 2011-10-29_13-29-47_195small.jpg
    2011-10-29_13-29-47_195small.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 445
  • 2011-10-29_13-30-02_242small.jpg
    2011-10-29_13-30-02_242small.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 453
thinkxingu said:
Greetings,
Got my wood rack filled this morning- with another pile and this, I'm up to about four years ahead with about two years's worth to be split still (nowhere to put it!). All scrounge- haven't bought since I started burning.

Peace!

S
i like how you stack them chunks and uglies in there looks good.!

eco, what ended up working well is that I can fit 20" pieces in stacks on all four corners of each side, 20" pieces in between the stacks and then, in the very front, any smaller stuff. I think this will give me some good shoulder-season stuff, and I won't have to toss much, if anything.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.