What a great day!! 2 wood loads !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Today I went over to cut with Dennis and fill my trailer. It was amazing outside today the sun was up and we where in a perfect wind block spot. I wish I had thought to take a shot it was not at all like March in Michigan on a normal basis and I am glad. Thanks Dennis for the wood! Then this afternoon on my way home I drove past a road crew cut up section that was mostly box elder from the look of it. I asked the owner if I could have some wood and he said take it all get that sh!t out of my yard and slammed the door :lol: So I said thanks to the door and filled my little truck right up to the top :exclaim: If by chance the gentleman that gave me the wood is reading this thank you for the wood.

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_20120310_181150.jpg
    IMG_20120310_181150.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_20120310_180235.jpg
    IMG_20120310_180235.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 353
Looks like you had a great day Pete, I hope you made the Sav do all the cutting. :vampire:

zap

Thanks zap! It was a very good day though I fear Dennis wore himself out today and I am having a hard time walking tonight with my knee being bad. It was worth it to get out and enjoy the outdoors though I think we hit 60F today.

Pete

All right Pete, no more pics with those beautiful pallets stacked in the background...

Gary_602z said:
You old Farts better be taking it easy! :cheese:

Gary

Funny part is Gary he could be my father ! ( no offense Dennis ) I just have a bad injury from the past that I don't wanna get into and he is worn out today!

SolarAndWood said:
All right Pete, no more pics with those beautiful pallets stacked in the background...

If you want I can cut them up and mail some to ya for kindling lol.

Pete

You are welcome Pete.

What Pete didn't say was that Dennis really was not worn out but Dennis was hurting super bad. The back just hurt so much that I couldn't do much so I mostly sat and watched Pete do the work. And if you think yesterday was nice.... Wow is about the best thing to say for today. It is 64 now. A bit breezy but nice. I also got in my first bike ride of the year.

You bet it is Dennis I finished the wood bins and moved a bunch to them by the time I finished I was dripping sweat and about to strip down lol.

Pete

Hey Dennis, just a quick question does the bike help or hurt your back any? I have had back problems for 5-6 years and was thinking maybe something like that might help.

Gary

Gary, when I still had a regular road bike it did hurt the back. Not so with the recumbent bike. Some seats though do not fit me very good and those do hurt the back. But the nice part is the angle of the seat is adjustable. New riders tend to be more upright but as you get more accustomed to riding then most lay it down a bit more.

Perhaps the easiest one on the back is the recurve seat that Bacchetta has. I have one on a Giro26 but on the CA-2 (the blue bike) had a hard shell carbon seat. They also make a euromesh seat and that one just makes my back hurt.

Btw, there are a few tricks to learning how to ride this type of bike and if you decide to get one, let me know and I can give you a few pointers. Better yet, come on over and we can go for a ride together.

Status
Not open for further replies.