what are " Premium " from TSC ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
called TSC they say thats all the bag says and their from maine

Here they have Instant Heat and Green Supreme. So far anything I've gotten from TSC is not "Premium" per say, IMO..

Most pellets have a brand name on the bag. Most boxstores will call any of them "premium" and don't know the brand names. But there is one that doesn't have a brand name and is more like a super premium, But only say premium on the bag. That would be MWP!

j-takeman said:
Most pellets have a brand name on the bag. Most boxstores will call any of them "premium" and don't know the brand names. But there is one that doesn't have a brand name and is more like a super premium, But only say premium on the bag. That would be MWP!

So its a steal at 214 ? i drilled the clerk and she kept telling me Sir all it says on the bag is premium and i can see they are from maine lol

j-takeman said:
But there is one that doesn't have a brand name and is more like a super premium, But only say premium on the bag. That would be MWP!

Yes indeed! Very good heat and no ash left in my burn pot!

save$ said:
j-takeman said:
But there is one that doesn't have a brand name and is more like a super premium, But only say premium on the bag. That would be MWP!

I bought a ton this year and burned 10 bags so far. I am getting a LOT of ash. No clinkers and a clean glass though.

IHATEPROPANE said:
save$ said:
j-takeman said:

I bought a ton this year and burned 10 bags so far. I am getting a LOT of ash. No clinkers and a clean glass though.

Same here! The MWP blend is giving me a lot of ash, and not nearly the heat of their softwood pellets.

I really like the softwood, but am KICKING myself for getting suckered in by last year's hype for the hardwood blend after MWP's horrendous pellets of a few years ago.

I stopped in at TSC yesterday. These are the "Premier" Pellets.

Attachments

• Premium.jpg
    Premium.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 341
hi OMV.last time i was in tsc they had no pellets left and they had no idea as to when the might be getting them.the "premiums" she is referring to is written on the outside plastic cover on two ton of lignetics that are already sold.their most recent batch was indeed maine woods and they were sold out in 4 days.they had no pellets last thurs when i stopped in

OMV,
I can back-up what Cork is saying. I was at the same TSC on Thursday and they were out of stock on pellets.

Mark P,
I burned those Appalachian Hardwood (Premier) Pellets last year in the shoulder seasons.
They were a good early fall-late spring pellet.
Cheap enough but not hot or very clean.
Once the cold weather set in I switched to Okanagan's and Vermont's.
I went back to the Appalachian's in the late spring.

Not a bad pellet for what I used it for.
Wish I could have found more of them this year but they were not around.

---Nailer---

It really depends on the store location. The closest TSC to me is in Redding California. However we have a chain thats owned by TSC called Del's Farm Supply. We (my company) will be picking up 66 tons of pellets from Prineville Oregon to deliver to DFS locations around the region. Last time I was in a DFS store, they brand was Eureka out of Montana.

We have hauled Lignetics out of Idaho to Lowe's stores and Blazer & Hot Shots from Columbia City Oregon to local Home Depot stores.

With the price of diesel fuel, transportation adds to the cost of pellets. For the pellets we have been hauling, trucking adds $30 to $50 a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.