What are the best settings for a Harmon P-68 ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Heat

Oct 3, 2008
connecticut
Can anyone tell me we what are the best setting's to run my P-68 right now I use hopper feed set at 3 and stove temp at 70 degrees. we have a 1900 sq ft home solely heated by this stove. last year went through 4.5 tons burned october till march this is our second year looking for some usefull tips thanks .

The feed adjuster is a setting for pellet quality. It basically sets the maximum rate of burn, kind of like a governor on a lawn mower engine. Usually with premium grade pellets #3 or #4 is perfect. As far as the temp setting goes, that is up to your personal preference. If you are comfortable at 70 deg, thats what you should use.

Status
Not open for further replies.