what are the hottest pellets available for purchase in or around Iowa?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thz123

Jan 8, 2009
IOWA
What are the best pellets in Iowa? The hottest, least amount of ash etc. Where did you buy them and how much per ton? I have a quadrafire Castile and I like White Lighting Pellets, the best I have used so far. I drive an hour to pick these up in Mineral point WS at Bosarts. I also like Fuel King, and can buy those in Dubuque, Iowa. What do the Iowa guys burn thats HOT?

Anyone from Iowa, Wisc., Ill., or Minnesota?

I am in WI. Uncle Jed's (douglas fir) which is actually Bear Mountain pellets and they burn at 8500-9000 btu/lb. I got them from Earth Sense Energy Systems and they have several locations in WI. Just make sure you get the douglas Fir and not the regular Uncle Jed's. Prices vary, I paid 270.00 per ton delivered. If you get on the early buy program you get a good discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.