What brand and kind of pellets are these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pete1018 said:
Looks like Westwood? Available here at the depot for$5.49/bag, Have not given them a try yet.

Yes, I googled the number on the bag.

I am now curious as to the luck anyone has had with them.

The price is right.

Yep Westwood. Marketed by our buddy BTU. Very Similar to Okies which did very well for me. Nice burning softy. :)

Westwoods......I just put another bag of them in the stove. They are the hottest pellets I've used.....a little dusty however. I can get them for $199/ton at a local hardware store. For the price It's hard to find a better pellet.

Which store Rooscooter?

Idahokid said:
Which store Rooscooter?

Otis Hardware....on Harvard Road. They are the only outlet that I can find locally.

Earlier in the year I contacted their marketing company looking for Okanagan Pellets in the greater Spokane area and this is the only outlet they responded with. BTU tried to steer me to Ziggy's (where he thought they were), but they don't carry them.

I would like to find alternative locations.

Rooscooter said:
Westwoods....... I can get them for $199/ton at a local hardware store. For the price It's hard to find a better pellet.

Yep, considering that they are the same pellet as we have "back east" (Okies), that is a VERY good price for them....I'd be buying as many tons as i could afford/store for this winter and beyond. I don't think prices will be much lower, if any.

imacman said:
Rooscooter said:
Westwoods....... I can get them for $199/ton at a local hardware store. For the price It's hard to find a better pellet.

Yep, considering that they are the same pellet as we have "back east" (Okies), that is a VERY good price for them....I'd be buying as many tons as i could afford/store for this winter and beyond. I don't think prices will be much lower, if any.

With that said I think I'll go get a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.