What brand of files?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldspark

What files are you pros using on your chains and does it amount to a hill of beans?

The stihl will cut in a chain in 2-6 strokes I have use others but after using the stihls that all I want. Now with that said I perfer my orgeon 511a and the cyclone wheel.

I'm not a pro, but I cut about 30 cords of wood per year and I use Stihl files and the Pferd files from Baileys w/ good results.

I really like Pferd files, don't care much for Oregon.

stihl files for stihl chain

oregon files for oregon chain

stihl files are harder and will eat up the softer oregon chain in no time and the oregon files tale a lot more strokes on a stihl chain................

just a hobbyist, but SaveEdge from Baileys by a wide margin over any others for me. cheaper, cut better, last longer.
maybe less filling, I don't know...

k

Status
Not open for further replies.