What brand would you buy....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrblkk

Minister of Fire
Feb 2, 2008
Northampton, PA
I'm getting a ton of pellets this week and was wondering what the forum would buy out of the three brands I can purchase. They all cost $225.00. They will be used in my Engalnder 25-PDVC. Any input would be appreciated.

Barefoot

Allegheny

Lignetics.

I've read in many threads on this forum that people like the Barefoot pellets because they burn very hot. I haven't gotten my stove yet but when I do, I plan to get those. Unfortunately I'm getting prices of $275/ton for them here in CT.

iove burned the lignetics , love em , i have gotten good reviews from the barefoot pellets as well as of late. from what i hear alleghany are good pellets too, were it me choosing , i'd go lignetics.

Well, I went to pick up the Lignetics and they were out of them so I wound up buying a ton of Pennwood premium pellets manufactured in East Berlin, PA. I hope I did the right thing since I never heard of these before and got burned on Pennington last year (though they stood good for the bad pellets).

Status
Not open for further replies.