What chimney brush to buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2010
North MS
I have a double insulated pipe, the inside pipe being 6 inches. I was wondering where and what chimney brush to buy. Here in the South, I have never seen one for sale so I will probably be getting it online. It is a stainless steel pipe, so what do I need and how much should I be expecting to give for it.

Lots of places to buy from. Because of your location and shipping being different than mine, I would suggest a search of "chimney brush" in google and do some comparative shopping.

Some have purchased from amazon. Others from woodlanddirect. northerntool sells them. etc. etc. I'd go w/ a poly 6 inch if it were me.

pen

I'd go with a sooteater if it were me.

I don't think I have ever been in a Lowe's anywhere in the country where they didn't have chimney brushes back in the duct work section. You want a poly one but with solid pipe a wire one will work too. Sixteen bucks or so.

I found a poly one at Harbor freight a few years ago... Not sure if they still sell them.

raybonz said:
WoodNStuff said:
I just purchased a 6" poly brush made by Rutland. Cost me $7.98. Also picked up four 4' fiberglass poles with threaded ends. Cost me $4.98 each.

http://www.menards.com/main/plumbin...ch-rd-poly-chimney-brush/p-1392132-c-8405.htm

That's a great deal unfortunately there are no Menards around here.. I would grab one at that price too!

Ray

Menards sells online through their website also. Probably be better off going through Amazon if purchasing online, as shipping is often free.

Status
Not open for further replies.