What do guys think about the model18 Buckstove insert??????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wannago

Sep 3, 2006
Midland, North Carolina
I looked around for a few monthes, and I think this stove can really help out on my heating costs. Me and my two strong sons installed it last weekend. I live in a modular home that had a pre-fabed fireplace that was nice to look at, but that was it, not much heat. The stove fit right in the hole, I put the flex pipe in my excisting stove pipe, poped the stove in, and was building my first fire within 3 hours. The bad thing was it was about 75 degrees outside, it was a small fire and I let it burn out. Do any of you guys have a Buck stove? Any input would be welcomed. thanks..... Just waiting for winter here in Midland N.C.

You won't find many, if any, modern Buckstove owners here. Kinda weird, don't know why. It's not that people don't like them. I think they kinda have their own little niche. There are a few here who have older Bucks. I myself have a 8-pointer ;-) Oh yeah- welcome to the forum!

I think Buck is a fairly reliable brand. We looked at them a couple years ago before we bought an Osburn. The only reason we went with the Osburn was better price.

We had a Buck 21 installed in our last home. It was a nice unit that would heat fairly well. We had the blower installed, and it was very loud. The stove worked well for the three seasons we burned with it.

Yes I have a Buck Model 74 installed in my prefab fireplace and LOVE it... Buck stoves are very well built and mine heats my 2900 sq' Cape Cod house in metro Altlanta almost exclusively... We have digital thermostats on our furnaces that give me a history of their run time and the only time they kick on is in the early morning 5am'ish and they run for about 2 hours... I am very pleased with my stove and wonder why more people do not run Buck stoves, I shopped for months before bying and Buck stoves are built as well as the competition (And better than a few other poular models in my oppinion) and they are far cheaper... My only advice is to make sure your wood is good and dry, read the forum and follow the manufacturers directions and you should be well pleased... I'm just waiting for the burning season here in the South, just too warm out yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.