What else can it be?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bank

Feeling the Heat
Nov 27, 2008
S. Maine
I have a Harman Accentra which has been great all winter. All of a sudden kind of a wimpy flame that wont give any real heat. When pellets feed #4 setting; flame goes up and then wimps out. I clean this thing every week. Been using LG pellets with no issues. I've burned about one ton of pellets so far.

So today, I went outside and took off the dryer vent thingy at the end of the vent pipe and cleaned out some crud, not a lot, but enough that it may be an issue. Came back in and took out heat exchanger shields and used a paper clip on the burnpot to ensure no obstructions there. Scraped burn pot, cleaned underneath burn pot. Also removed bottom plate and some more crud near the fan and cleaned the tube going out side. Again, some lite stuff there, nothing too horrific. Vacumed the thing pretty clean. Gasket looks OK, Pellet glass door is closed nice and tight, front door looks OK too.

What am I missing?

Am having similar priblem,
Check your fines clean out
and check door and window gaskets window may need tightening
But I can see black soot in my gasket (window) am gonna change that and if it doesn't work I have an app on 25

Ah, no I didn't; I was afraid to get near the ESP with any thing; like the vaccum. I fired her back up and it ran real good and then back to what it was doing before. May have to wait until tomorrow to clean the ESP as I will take what heat I can get for the night.

Not sure where the fines clean out is, ca you tell me where that is?

I'd get a crossover tube for that thing... acentras are the most prone to feeder gumming up among all harmans

Didn't do the leaf blower thing. Step 9 in the cleaning looks like a possible fix..Gonna try that after cleaning the ESP probe. Thanks for all the suggestions...Had this thing 3 winters and this is the first issue..Still have original igniter..Knock on wood!!!

Cleaned the ESP probe this morning and fired her back up. The turbo flame is back and hot as hell, can't even put my hand on the top of the stove for more than a second. Before I could keep it there for a minute with the lame flame.

Gonna check that step 9 thing with auger at seasons end. My buddy says he'll pull the auger and replace door gasket in April.

Thanks for all the good suggestions!

Bank said:
Cleaned the ESP probe this morning and fired her back up. The turbo flame is back and hot as hell, can't even put my hand on the top of the stove for more than a second. Before I could keep it there for a minute with the lame flame.

Gonna check that step 9 thing with auger at seasons end. My buddy says he'll pull the auger and replace door gasket in April.

Thanks for all the good suggestions!

It's not that difficult, and you haven't done it in 3 yrs I would do it ASAP and change the gasket
I did all of that to mine and it works for a day or so them when pot fills with ash it goes back to the same .... I think it could be my window gasket , but I have tried and done everything so now every time I can, I have to scrape my pot ... if it doesn't work after the window gasket change, then it is a bad esp senior or combustion blower, I am leaning towards the blower as it seems when the pot is full it can't get enough air to the fire

I do have the auger pulled every year and cleaned out in the back...But the window gasket is original. Is that what you saying I should have changed ASAP or pull the auger.
Thanx

Bank said:
I do have the auger pulled every year and cleaned out in the back...But the window gasket is original. Is that what you saying I should have changed ASAP or pull the auger.
Thanx

If you get your stove serviced and they clean that out you should be ok

Try the gaskets but its not an emergency

Just spoke to a local dealer who has gasket in stock, gonna pick it up after work, if stove is still running like it should; I'll replace it at seasons end when I pull the auger and do the BIG cleaning.

Thanks again!

I have a Harman Advance. I've read of a "crossover tube" on this and other posts. What is it and what does it do?

Tim

timjk69 said:
I have a Harman Advance. I've read of a "crossover tube" on this and other posts. What is it and what does it do?

Tim

It is a tube that allows the air pressure in the hopper to equalize with air pressure outside of the hopper during the feed operation. It is the solution to the infamous gummy stove syndrome. Basically smoke gets drawn into the hopper and combustion byproducts condense out leaving a sticky mess and also causing the stove to enter one of the blink code states (which one I forget) due to buildup.

Status
Not open for further replies.