What i found at work today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
I work in an oil field in Wyoming. 300 sq miles of off road and 65 wells make up my route.
We have a few good herds of elk out here. I missed a great photo the day before of these guys as i left the camera at home. They were within a 1/4 mile of where i spotted them yesterday. The guy on the left has already lost his antlers for the year. In the next week or so all these guys will be bald. Just a few hundred yards down the road was a herd of mule deer, another hundred yards further was a big herd of pronghorn along with 3 coyotes. And best of all NO people! Ha, gotta love Wyoming. I have a bunch more photos from last year if interested.

DSC06761.JPG DSC06756.JPG

nice...some big fellas there!

Where I live is the self-proclaimed "Elk Capitol" of Michigan. Supposedly lots of the things around.
The annual elk hunt seems to prove that they're actually here.
Maybe I need to get out more.

Reactions: bfunk13
Nice pics. Thanks for posting them. Keep um comin.

Thanks guys. I was really into photography there for a few years. I have some really good nature and wildlife photos. I need to get back into it like i used to be.

Thanks guys. I was really into photography there for a few years. I have some really good nature and wildlife photos. I need to get back into it like i used to be.

Agreed upon. Then post them here for us to see. Now let's see a new picture of that monster dog of yours standing next to something for good scale. :)

Not in this area. It is actually a high plains desert. A desert with feet of snow at times. I got trees if you want trees.lol

Looks alot like the area around Boise. Can see for miles and miles. Was nice to move back up to here and have woods all around.... and no 110* summers!

A few of my other Wyoming photos
5959540-lg.jpg6044257-lg.jpg6060101-lg.jpg6174459-lg.jpg7642744-lg.jpg3496011240_8ae3cb1cb6_b.jpg3805651609_9dd18fcddf_o.jpg3806353576_e740ac5186_b.jpg3806360816_41580a13e8_b.jpg3806468846_3945814350_o.jpg

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Very nice photos bfunk! You have really captured the beauty of the state. (and judiciously avoided the acres of sagebrush part. ;) )

Wow . . . fantastic photos BFunk . . . both fo the elk and the landscapes . . .some of the best I've seen posted here. Forget the travel brochures, just seeing these pics make me want to visit Wyoming (although technically I did visit a corner of Wyoming several years back when I visited Yellowstone and swung down a bit further to visit the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyoming.

By the way . . . how is the no smoking going . . . haven't heard anything about this for a bit.

Thanks Jake!

I am doing good my friend, thanks for asking

184 days, 54 minutes and 8 seconds smoke free.

4049 cigarettes not smoked.

$1,113.20 and 1 month, 22 hours of your life saved.
Your quit date: 9/26/2011 6:00:00 AM

Hey . . . most of us have addictions . . . it's always good to hear of someone who is able to stay the course and make a lasting, healthy change in their life style.

Sweet pix, bfunk. Congrats on the "butt-free" lifestyle...
I have 862 days without a smoke, but more importantly,
5779 without a drink (or some of that other stuff)!

Sweet pix, bfunk. Congrats on the "butt-free" lifestyle...
I have 862 days without a smoke, but more importantly,
5779 without a drink (or some of that other stuff)!
Congrats to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.