What I have learned here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheapheatnow

Nov 26, 2009
WMASS
19 degrees outside. 73 downstairs....67 upstairs. numbers....but every BTU...generated through hard work....scrounging...cutting...splitting and stacking. However, the comfort of my family of five was made possible by a combination of hard work AND EVERYTHING That has been shared on this sight. So what have I learned? The best things in life are free. Thanks so much! ..and I can only hope I can have the same impact on others that you have had on me...

Warmth is good.

If we had a "Like" button, I'd push it.

Well done.

pen

Those are the same feelings I have as I love to help others out, even tho I may not be an expert sharing the details makes it all interesting and enjoyable..

How to stay nice and warm.

Also to try to offer help to others.

What I've learned is "Yes, I can clean my own Chimney for even more savings!!"....and that I need to "get ahead" on my wood supply

cheapheatnow said:
19 degrees outside. 73 downstairs....67 upstairs. numbers....but every BTU...generated through hard work....scrounging...cutting...splitting and stacking. However, the comfort of my family of five was made possible by a combination of hard work AND EVERYTHING That has been shared on this sight. So what have I learned? The best things in life are free. Thanks so much! ..and I can only hope I can have the same impact on others that you have had on me...

I'm betting you will have the same impact on others and that is great! That is the very reason most of us are on this forum is simply to help others. And you are right, keeping that family comfortable is great.

Dennis, I'm just here to meet interesting women :)

Just kidding of course. Love the information and great company.

I've learned that wet wood will get a quick rise out of Dennis and damper, why cat will have Todd on the front lines and 'Summit, air control, flue temp' will raise Sparks blood pressure instantly. :cheese:

We also learned that BeGreen is not accustomed to all that snow and ice he has been getting lately. :)

BeGreen said:
I've learned that wet wood will get a quick rise out of Dennis and damper, why cat will have Todd on the front lines and 'Summit, air control, flue temp' will raise Sparks blood pressure instantly. :cheese:
:) I am starting to get a little burnt out now though.

I originally found this site while trying to learn as much as I could about my new EPA wood stove, but the most interesting, and unexpected, thing I learned was that there are people out there who actually believe that you should never burn pine in your wood stove. Having burned pine in wood heating devices since I can remember (the early sixties) that came as a bit of a surprise to me. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.