What in the world am I doing out of bed !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Really lol 11:35 pm and I am not tired so I guess I am posting this because you all rock and I am bored. What the crap. :lol:

Anybody got any sleep remedies or tricks I tried the hammer to the head thing and the hammer head fell asleep ;-)

Pete

By the way the wind chill real feel is -4 finally !
Pete

Throw sheets in the dryer, and pile them on top of yourself. Warm milk. Write thank-you letters for Christmas presents.

Read something by someone really sincere. Conspiracy stuff is what I read on the last train bound for dreamland--knocks me right out. Tax code will also work. Very sincere.

I'm hanging with the animals (cat is on couch w/all four legs straight up-this does not look comfortable) waiting for a hot load of small birch chunks to burn up and heat up the house before I load it up and dial it back for the night, so I'm going to be at this for awhile. Plus I'm on the far end of the continent--nighty-night here is three hours later than your time zone.

My near foolproof sleep remedy.

1. Come home from work.
2. Load woodstove and get it cruising.
3. Eat dinner.
4. Turn on TV.
5. Sit in easy chair and start watching show . . . usually I end up missing most of the show and either wake up an hour or so later or when my wife yells at me to stop snoring and go to bed.

Do not sit in bed endlessly. Get up for at least 15 minutes and do something low-activity. Reading is a good one.

Experts say that the 15 minute cycle thing is important. I'm lucky to not have a sleep problem more than maybe one night a year.

Less alcohol, no caffeine after about 5 pm, and getting exercise are the 3 big things that are supposed to help in general

Pete1983 said:
Anybody got any sleep remedies or tricks

Pete

.5 mg of Xanax......works like a charm.. :) :lol:

Spend the weekend at the hospital with your child, come home to a 60° house and get the fire rippin', then snuggle up. Crawled in bed at 9pm,after falling asleep on the couch, crawled out of bed at 8am.

Chamomile tea with one hop flower steeped in it. Or, lemon balm and spearmint tea.

Or, one strong IPA!

If all else fails I have Backwoods Savage read me a bed time story.

Twist up a big fat doob, fire it up, turn on the tube, scarf some cold pizza and ............ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

firefighterjake said:
If all else fails I have Backwoods Savage read me a bed time story.

I ask him about his chimney.

Out of all 850 gazillion cable channels, find one that actually has something good on, 15 minutes later, out like a light.

Cut, split, or stack more wood during the day so you are tired at night.

If it happens again tonight, go out and watch the meteor shower. I plan to, I'm up at 2 to take a leak anyway, then go back to bed and lay there trying to go back to sleep until 4, then get up for work. Tonight I'll just pull on the Carhartts and go out on the deck and save the aggravation

snowleopard said:
Throw sheets in the dryer, and pile them on top of yourself. Warm milk. Write thank-you letters for Christmas presents.

Read something by someone really sincere. Conspiracy stuff is what I read on the last train bound for dreamland--knocks me right out. Tax code will also work. Very sincere.

I'm hanging with the animals (cat is on couch w/all four legs straight up-this does not look comfortable) waiting for a hot load of small birch chunks to burn up and heat up the house before I load it up and dial it back for the night, so I'm going to be at this for awhile. Plus I'm on the far end of the continent--nighty-night here is three hours later than your time zone.

Haha yes tax code murders my brain and puts me in acoma my stove got reloaded at 11:30 so it was warm. I havnt tried the conspiracy reading but judging by my conspiracy tv boredom that's probably a great idea to fall asleep. My cat does that on occasion it looks like they are high or something it's weird and disturbing to me but I am human so what do I know. :lol:

Thanks
Pete

GAMMA RAY said:
Pete1983 said:
Anybody got any sleep remedies or tricks

Pete

.5 mg of Xanax......works like a charm.. :) :lol:

I must say that is something I have never heard hmm I am not prone to anxiety so it would probably do the trick lol. Who knows maybe it would nock me out for days.

Thanks
Pete

firefighterjake WOW :lol:

pistonslap the funny thing is I never watch tv because its boring drule so I don't bother with cable we have a antenna on the roof. Maybe I would zonk out like a light if I watch the blank pbs after midnight!! Hmm good idea sir may try that %-P

homebrewz i am gonna have to try those out I have done warm lemon water seems to work ok maybe with spearmint it will be better.

hossthehermit I am gonna do that if I am up all night love that idea so much it will probably keep me up all night to see it thanks ! :lol:

flatbed ford your gonna laugh at 1:30 is I was still up so I went out and split wood for a while in the dark with a flashlight. My neighbors think what is that insane Marine doing cutting up things in the dark he is scary hahahaha.

jeff-t is everything ok with your child now? That is one of the worst things to deal with you and yours will be in our prayers.

Blessings
Pete

Darn kid is amazing. Trying to keep her from bouncing off the walls now. Not a single tear through the whole thing, mom did the crying.
We talked about it a lot today, and figured out the main reason the doctors were having a hard time diagnosing was that she didn't show how much it hurt. They asked her to do things that a normal person with appendicitis couldn't do, and she said it really hurt but that she wanted to do it for them :-/
No worries, she's fine.

hossthehermit said:
Twist up a big fat doob, fire it up

Now that was very Funny!...I think it went over a lot of heads...lol!
md

jeff_t said:
Darn kid is amazing. Trying to keep her from bouncing off the walls now. Not a single tear through the whole thing, mom did the crying.
We talked about it a lot today, and figured out the main reason the doctors were having a hard time diagnosing was that she didn't show how much it hurt. They asked her to do things that a normal person with appendicitis couldn't do, and she said it really hurt but that she wanted to do it for them :-/
No worries, she's fine.

That's very good to hear sounds like she's a tuff kid. It amazes me how fast kids go from down to up
and running like they where never hurting. I am glad you are all doing better now.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.