What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We have 30.2 tonight with a forecast low of 17, another load of soft and sugar maple going in the Lopi.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Distance run run complete! Last night had a low of -12 and the day temps today were around 15 during the warmest hour, the mahogany lasted 19 hours house stayed 69-72. Had a nice heap of coals left. I’d say pretty good considering I kept the air at about 330-4 o clock. Loving my BK. First pic is what I had left. Okay enough ranting tonight low single digits but above 0; we’ll see how the juniper does. Happy night all.
FDBDF407-A2D4-4D8A-A7CF-E1BCFCDDBFFF.jpeg

52E28FA8-42E0-48FE-9D77-A0C9E918037B.jpeg

Woke up to 29 this morning with freezing rain falling. Luckily it has turned to snow with 3-6 expected. I got a full load of white oak going in the 74 this morning.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Seasonably cold this morning. Probably just a pile of oak coals right now. All I have left for seasoned wood is oak.

It's 12.3 tonight with a load of sugar maple,red maple and a few splits of american hophornbeam going in the Liberty.

We have a temp of 18.6 tonight with a load of sugar maple going in the Liberty.

We had 17.6 this morning with more of the maples providing the heat.

We had -5.3 this morning with a high of 5 today, we had a load of sugar maple going early this morning.

We're at -10.5 tonight so we'll go with the pellet stove.

We had -20 this morning, sugar maple with some ironwood made up our first load.

Got about 6 inches today. Been burning some ash i found in the VC. House is toasty.

It looks like our area will get more cold temps this Thursday night and Friday, how about your area?
Looking to get some sub zero temps Thursday night. Then back up to the 20s and 30s by the weekend.

What a change from -20, we had 32.7 this morning with rain.

Another load of the maples is throwing some heat this morning. It looks like we'll have some real cold temps coming in near the end of the week so we'll be burning that american hophornbeam those days.

Last edited:
red oak and red elm, 18 degrees outside, 7 inches of fresh snow yesterday, toasty in here.

Compared to y`all, we're in the tropics in central VA at low 40s. Thanks to a moderate winter, we stay warm burning free punky who-knows-what wood from an ad in the paper. Those stacks of hardwood under the tarps are aging like fine wine.

Reactions: MMH