What is slip section piping?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

udt89

Sep 19, 2010
long island
so i got my estimates all done to install my new nc-30. the company im going with told me to get two 3 foot sections and one 2 foot section of black slip section piping for where the stove goes into the ceiling. they said for them to get it is about $200 but I should be able to buy it a lot cheaper online. he offered to install and customize the pipe if I provide it. i did a quick google search for it but i want to be sure i am buying the right thing. I only need single wall.

its amazing how estimates vary. I had estimates ranging from 1350-2000 to run new piping and cap it off on the roof. and you would be amazed how unreliable some places are. i had to actually call some 2-3 times to get the actual price. you would figure in this economy they would want the business. one place still hasnt called me back and they did the estimate on the 14th. i spoke to them yesterday and he was going to call me back in 15 min and never did. how could i even consider them to do the job when i cant get them to call me back, let alone come here to install the pipe.

another place told me labor was $500. but when i told them i was going to wait on doing the boiler chimney liner over the labor INCREASED to $950. lol, how does labor increase $450 when I'm only getting half the work done.

crazy.

they telescope on a fixed piece to avoid having to make cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.