What is the quietest Pellet Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edhug

Jul 20, 2008
Orange County, NY
Thinking of installing a pellet stove. It would have to go next to the entertainment center in my living room.
Can a TV sit about 4 ft away from the stove without the stove being much of a noise distraction.

TooHot said:
Thinking of installing a pellet stove. It would have to go next to the entertainment center in my living room.
Can a TV sit about 4 ft away from the stove without the stove being much of a noise distraction.

Won't be any distraction at all if it's not turned on. Watch the stove, not the TV

Only if you have the blower turned up high do I have to, maybe, turn the volume up a notch or 2 no big deal.

I looked at Harmans before I bought my stove and they were pretty quiet.

I don't think my Harman XXV makes much noise at all. Can barely hear it over my loud box fan.

I don't want to brag
but if you really want a Wood Pellet Stove all I can recommend to you is a Stove from Rika
My Pellet Stove the Integra II is very quite and also powerful in it's output.
Take a look at one of your Dealers close by and then compare.

My Harman XXV is about three feet from the TV and it is Pretty quite, I run it on high most of the time and most of the noise is air moving through the stove and not the blowers them-self. I do have to turn the TV up a little bit but not much to hear it OK in the back of the room which is about 18 feet away from the TV.

IMHO, if you have to turn the TV up when the stove is running, the Stove is NOT quiet

My Accentra insert is fairly noisy (though I hear the freestanding Accentra is quieter). At 100% power, I have to turn the TV (which is in the same room ) up 1/2 again as high

I saw / heard a freestanding Austroflamm Integra II running at 100% full power ()the dealer humored me & cranked it up) & it was very quiet, all you heard was the pellets dropping into the pot and a soft hum

Status
Not open for further replies.