What is/was your occupation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smoke show

Lets hear it. What do you pellet pigs do or use to do?

I used to bury people. Burial vault installation and putting the casket in the vault and then putting the lid on. When things were slow I'd help load bodies into the crematory retorts. Now I'm just a stay-at-home dad to two babies.

Carpenter for first 10 years after high school and Water Plant Operator for past 16 years

PJPellet said:
I used to bury people. Burial vault installation and putting the casket in the vault and then putting the lid on. When things were slow I'd help load bodies into the crematory retorts. Now I'm just a stay-at-home dad to two babies.

That's my son's job now! His motto > 'I'll be the last one to ever let you down......'

I was a production supervisor, then production superintendent, then mechanical/electrical engineer, and finally Engineering Manager for Continental Can, bought out by Sonoco Products, bought out by Greif, Inc. Retired after 32 years. Uncle Sam trained me in nuclear power engineering and submarines and I spent many good, exciting times on a missile carrying nuke sub in the 60's.

Spent 15 years as a Millwright/Electrician at a chemical plant till they closed and moved to Mexico.
Now work for an automated pharmacy as a Lead EMT (electromechanical tech) for the past 11 years.
On the side work for a welding and equipment repair shop (more fun less regimented)

I specialize in high-speed aluminum tubing directional management and cleaning.

Though, when someone asks at a bar I usually tell them either I am in Deep Sea Salvage and recovery or manage a professional wiffle ball team, geographically dependent. Though I have been so drunk I tried to pull off deep sea salvage and recover in a bar in Kansas one night....

Rolling Mill Operator. . . . 4 Stand 56" Reversing Cold Rolling Mill. 10 Yrs. Was a Welder before that for Sharon Steel.

40 years bit pushing. Both application and operating systems.

Now just doing the fun stuff and causing plenty of trouble.

Started repairing fire control radar for Uncle sam (USMC). Worked as a microwave technician for Raytheon for 10 years. Worked for another company for 15 years developing Millimeter wave technology for the govt. and commecial applications. Now am a operations manager for a smaal company that refurbishes satelite communications equipment for the military. Great job and great people.

Work for SHMBO managing her catering company.

man everybody here has a cool job that must pay alot..lol..i work at a factory as a silver soidier/welder..

Reactions: johnchap
Sr network tech for the largest private network in the world

New York City lawyer (ducks).

Work at home. Information technology and combined Electronics repair.

By night I'm a maintenance mechanic at a factory that applies coatings to jet turbine parts. By day, I'm a professional small engine tech starting his own business or just a guy that likes to help out on a golf course maint. crew. Depends on the day, lol.

tjnamtiw said:
PJPellet said:

That's my son's job now! His motto > 'I'll be the last one to ever let you down......'

I was a production supervisor, then production superintendent, then mechanical/electrical engineer, and finally Engineering Manager for Continental Can, bought out by Sonoco Products, bought out by Greif, Inc. Retired after 32 years. Uncle Sam trained me in nuclear power engineering and submarines and I spent many good, exciting times on a missile carrying nuke sub in the 60's.

Hi tjnamtiw,

I'm in the same line of work as yourself. 19 years for Impress Metal in the UK starting as a mechanical apprentice working through to Engineering Manager then 3pc Tech Manager. The family and I took a relocation package over the pond to Bloomsburg PA for the last 4 years. The company was bought out by Ardagh Group, Dublin.
This will be the 5th buy out in the last 23 years.
Regards, Jon

My handler in the Witness Protection Program says I can't tell ya. :red:

3jfk said:
tjnamtiw said:
PJPellet said:

Hi tjnamtiw,

I'm in the same line of work as yourself. 19 years for Impress Metal in the UK starting as a mechanical apprentice working through to Engineering Manager then 3pc Tech Manager. The family and I took a relocation package over the pond to Bloomsburg PA for the last 4 years. The company was bought out by Ardagh Group, Dublin.
Regards, Jon

How did you fair with the flooding?

jmbones said:
3jfk said:
tjnamtiw said:
PJPellet said:

Hi tjnamtiw,

Regards, Jon

How did you fair with the flooding?

We was very lucky. Town is still a mess around the fair grounds. Yourself, are you from this area?

BrotherBart said:
My handler in the Witness Protection Program says I can't tell ya. :red:

Hmm, Northern VA could mean CIA handler.

I am more east, south of Hazleton. I did not have any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.