What is worse - Having pellets and no stove or having a stove and no pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

What is worse?

• Having pellets and no stove?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If push comes to shove there will be a stove available somewhere in the country that can be shipped to you. Not so, at least cost effectively, four tons of pellets.

Or the lusted for Harman XXV with chrome wheels, DVD player and wide-screen TV option can be downgraded to the stove the guy at the stove shop or the box store has in stock.

BrotherBart said:
If push comes to shove there will be a stove available somewhere in the country that can be shipped to you. Not so, at least cost effectively, four tons of pellets.

Or the lusted for Harman XXV with chrome wheels, DVD player and wide-screen TV option can be downgraded to the stove the guy at the stove shop or the box store has in stock.

I would have to agree and just what I am going to do. After reading all the replies by members and the comments by the admin on here I am going to pick up a cheaper Englander stove from a big chain store, first time Englanders avaliable in Canada, install in myself, save at least $1500.00. Going to rip apart my 20 x 15 Dining Room lathe and plaster walls, ceiling and take the savings and insulate it. This house was built in 1920 or so, township has no records of it being built.
Harmon is suppose to be the class of stoves but I have read a lot good about the Englanders also so worth the shot for difference in price, if even can get one by Nov. or Dec. where as Englanders are around.
Also I think they will be able to push out more pellets easiser and faster then they can make more stoves and stoves of somekind will be out there and pellets will show up in areas with a shortage.

It's easier to get pellets than a stove. Supply might be tight, but they can be found.

I am sure you will find pellet even the price is not good. But you may not get a stove if you want to buy a popular brand now. Don't worry about the pellets. Now is the peak of the demand. it will cool down after Fall, I think. We have more choice in pellets. And if the price is higher here, pellets from other states will flow in. So you will be fine in pellets.

A pellet stove won't be needed until at least October in most parts of the country. In the NE it has been warm all of September in recent years.

when it gets cold just keep restaking the pellets.you will stay warm that way.

cimbo190 said:
That is pretty humorous, but true.

Thanks lololol If you chop your own wood it warm's you twice---- henry Ford.

johnnywarm said:

No extra charge for the termites and ants imported into your home either.

Jabberwocky said:
johnnywarm said:

No extra charge for the termites and ants imported into your home either.

I agree!! I'm still a clean burning pellet head.

My Quote of the day is----- If you stack your own pellets it warms you twice. Johnnywarm

No home to put either choice in.

Status
Not open for further replies.