what ive been up to..pic heavy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
havent posted any pics for a hile..here ya go

the wood i cut thru the summer....this will be for 2015-16season...locust..oak..cherry..maple...hickory...black walnut all cut this summer
102_2022.jpg

102_2023.jpg

102_2020.jpg

wood for 2014-15 locust oak and black walnut..mostly locust though cut last winter
102_2015.jpg

102_2016.jpg

sycamore pile(cut last winter..pile has turned grey since pic was taken) gonna burn some of this in 2014-15 also..ill be hauling a some the next couple weeks to get it stacked
2012-02-09150422.jpg

wood shed 80 percent filled
102_2018.jpg

shoulder season wood...buckeye...and some punky oak
102_2019.jpg

red oak i cut the last few days.burn in 2015-16.not easy wood..noodled alot of it..and had to carry it a ways to get to the splitter....trying to make the new stacks sexier..and straighter..
102_2017.jpg

Sweet! It looks like you have it scattered throughout your property? Did I count 8 different areas? Or are some different angles?

Zer iss vood efreywhear!

actually 5 on my property...and the sycamore pile is on the farmers land that connects my property

Awesome work Steeltown! Seeing a lot of warmth there.

Looks good Steel Town, from the original Steel Town. Your property looks nice, and go Mountaineers.

Awesome amount of wood !

All the wood I've been seeing pictures of form the NE & N Central US.
There must be a seriously long cold winter headed your way.
Hope that means mine here in Alaska will be short & warm. ;lol

Zer iss vood efreywhear!
"I see plenty!" Sgt. Splitz ==c

Seriously...nice work. :cool: I remember that huge Sycamore pile from when you cut it. I got some for my SIL several years back, and that particular tree was pretty tough to split...and we used hydraulics!

Nice place, nice stacks! :)

Nice work.

Lookin' good, Steeltown. You're set for many years to come. Love the log building!

how many cords do you figure and how many years ahead are you?

its hard to say how many cords and how many years..im at least 3 years ahead maybe 5....the sycamore pile which is alot of wood is on the farmers land...its actually mine and his together..i cut it but its on his property he gets some from time to time...also i have about another 3 cord of oak not pictured that is stacked on his land in the woods..so a total guess at cords would be around 20 cords

Nice......wood everywhere you look....and the good stuff to boot

havent posted any pics for a hile..here ya go

the wood i cut thru the summer....this will be for 2015-16season...locust..oak..cherry..maple...hickory...black walnut all cut this summer
102_2022.jpg

102_2023.jpg

102_2020.jpg

wood for 2014-15 locust oak and black walnut..mostly locust though cut last winter
102_2015.jpg

102_2016.jpg

sycamore pile(cut last winter..pile has turned grey since pic was taken) gonna burn some of this in 2014-15 also..ill be hauling a some the next couple weeks to get it stacked
2012-02-09150422.jpg

wood shed 80 percent filled
102_2018.jpg

shoulder season wood...buckeye...and some punky oak
102_2019.jpg

red oak i cut the last few days.burn in 2015-16.not easy wood..noodled alot of it..and had to carry it a ways to get to the splitter....trying to make the new stacks sexier..and straighter..
102_2017.jpg
Good work makes me feel good that I'm not alone working in wood all summer in the heat,you're set.

Steeltown, good pictures and I do recognize several of them from previous posts. Especially all that sycamore you cut last winter. You've been a busy man and this will pay good dividends.

Status
Not open for further replies.