What pellets for an Englander 25-PDVC?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmyers

Feb 12, 2008
Western Michigan
I am curious on opinions from those of you with an Englander 25-PDVC. What brand do you feel burns the "best". Like for instance lately I have been burning Pro pellets and they dont burn fully. They just get really red and pile up in the pot.
Jeds on the other hand burn a little better and dont seem to have as much of this issue. Just wanting to ask your opinions to maybe help my issues with my stove. Thanks

I'm new to the pellet world this year but I've tried a few brands. Somerset burns the best for me. OHP, Heat Resource, Rocky Mountain, and Eco Flame are a few others I have tried but wasn't thrilled with.

I am also new to pellets and pellet stoves but I have been running Stove Chow from HD since I bought my stove. They burn really well for me and at only $187 a ton you can't go wrong.

I`m getting a hotter fire with Lignetics (white bag, blue letters) than some others I`ve previously used but with more ash than usual. No big deal though. My PDVC burns whatever it`s fed .

tmyers said:
I am curious on opinions from those of you with an Englander 25-PDVC. What brand do you feel burns the "best". Like for instance lately I have been burning Pro pellets and they dont burn fully. They just get really red and pile up in the pot.
Jeds on the other hand burn a little better and dont seem to have as much of this issue. Just wanting to ask your opinions to maybe help my issues with my stove. Thanks

This season the Stove Chows ($187), Clean Energy ($187) and Pellheat's ($225) burned the best for me......(not in any particular order)

I like this years Stove Chow and the price at this time can't be beat. I picked up 2 tons yesterday and used the 10% off coupon from Lowe's available at your local post office in the movers packet. Cost per ton $168.30.

Attachments

• Quadrafire 194 (Large).jpg
    Quadrafire 194 (Large).jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 374
  • Quadrafire 197 (Large).jpg
    Quadrafire 197 (Large).jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 352
  • Quadrafire 203 (Large).jpg
    Quadrafire 203 (Large).jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 424
I too am new to pellets, and have only had my stove for a couple weeks.
I have been running the Maine's choice from Lowe's.
The seem to burn hot in my Englander, with reasonable ash. Has anyone else run these pellets ?

Used Lignetics with no problems for the 1st six weeks, burned really well.
Yesterday we went to HD and they had Stove Chows for 187.00 ton. Could not remember what was said about them here. So bought a ton on a whim and they burn hotter then the Lig's. I have already had to adjust the stove 2x.
I have no complaints out of either pellet.

Ed S said:
Yesterday we went to HD and they had Stove Chows for 187.00 ton. Could not remember what was said about them here. So bought a ton on a whim and they burn hotter then the Lig's. I have already had to adjust the stove 2x.

I'm telling ya', the SC's are a damn good pellet this year and I've burned various bagged dates 6/1/10, 6/15/10 and 7/17/10 and they all burned great in my stove.......who would have thought that coming from a big box store....I bought next year's stash this year.....

slvrblkk said:
Ed S said:

I'm telling ya', the SC's are a damn good pellet this year and I've burned various bagged dates 6/1/10, 6/15/10 and 7/17/10 and they all burned great in my stove.......who would have thought that coming from a big box store....I bought next year's stash this year.....

i'm due for another ton soon i just may have to pick up a few bags to try

I know the last few days have been warmer then last week. But my house temp usually drops over night. Last night it went from 80 - 82. This will make the 3rd adjustment to the stove burning Stove Chow pellets.
I am seriously thinking of cracking open a window!

Ed S said:
I know the last few days have been warmer then last week. But my house temp usually drops over night. Last night it went from 80 - 82. This will make the 3rd adjustment to the stove burning Stove Chow pellets.
I am seriously thinking of cracking open a window!

I changed over to my "shoulder" pellets because it's been too hot (did I just say that?!) in the house (75-76).....

Status
Not open for further replies.