what stoves have a rear exit flue besides vermont castings?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

afptl

Dec 16, 2010
Northern KY
Well I might keep my eye out for a bigger stove for next year. Heating 1300 sq. feet. Hubby keeps complaining he is cold.

I have a hearth mount so I need a rear exit stove. Simple is better. (less $$ too is good) I looked at Englander, but they don't make a rear exit. I think I would like to have one without the cat if I can.

What brands have the rear exit flue or reversible flues? I know Vermont castings does but haven't found another one yet.

Many, if not most, of the iron stoves and stone stoves: Woodstock, Hearthstone, Jotul, Quad(not the steelies.) If you can't find the right hearth stove, there're always inserts. . .but I too prefer a hearth mount. :)

VC's Dutchwest stoves are top and rear vent. I am considering a cat verson. Look great and easy on the wallet.

Woodstock's stoves are rear exit (some are both top and rear).

Good luck,
Bill

While not completely rear vent, several of Avalon's small & medium sized stoves are available with 45-degree vents for hearth installations. Also, the Avalon Arbor stove is availabe as a rear-venting stove.
I recommend checking out the Avalon Rainier with a 45-degree flue or the Avalon Arbor with a rear-vent.

Also, all Avalon stoves have non-catalitic secondary burn systems.

I looked at some Jotul's that had a plate that could be reversed and gave the option of rear or top exhaust.
Sorry don't know the model numbers.

The Hearthstone Homestead, Phoenix, Heritage, and Equinox I know for sure can go either way.

I highly recommend the Homestead, in near the same climate as you, ours is heating 2100sqft pretty darn well.

Jotul F500 or F400, Hampton H300, Lopi Leyden, Quad Cumberland Gap, Woodstock Keystone or Fireview, Hearthstone Shelburne (in addition to above mentioned), Morso 2110 or 3640 come to mind.

Ann from KY said:
.... Heating 1300 sq. feet. Hubby keeps complaining he is cold.

I have a hearth mount so I need a rear exit stove. Simple is better. (less $$ too is good) I looked at Englander, but they don't make a rear exit. I think I would like to have one without the cat if I can.

What brands have the rear exit flue or reversible flues? I know Vermont castings does but haven't found another one yet.

See avatar.

Feeding it will definitely keep yur hubby warm.

In fact, feeding it may do him in, so increase his life insurance before buying the stove. :lol:

The Elm allows both top or rear from the same connector. Just rotate the cast iron collar for top or rear or anything in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.