What surge suppressor should I use

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ccwilliams

Feb 27, 2011
Southwest Michigan
Hello,
Brand new to this heating with fire in my living room. We love it so far. I have a Harman P43 (the smartest stove, so they say). It does a fantastic job of heating 1300 plus square feet. Much cheaper than propane, warmer too. I have questions: 1. What type and /or level of surge suppressor should I use to protect this stove? I agree spending a few extra dollars on a good one is a good idea. 2. What is a UPS type of suppressor? Is this something I need since I occasionally have to run my house on a generator. I am afraid of generating too much voltage which might hurt the stove. At last check the generator puts out approx. 130 volts, but it also is very unstable or sometimes referred to as "dirty" voltage.
Your information you have here is fantastic. Also, the cooktop cleaner does work great on the glass door.
Thank You

If you want a really good one, Google - Tripp Lite ISOBAR4ULTRA Isobar Ultra 4-Outlet Surge Protector (3330 Joules, 6ft Cord). You can find them for around 40 bucks.

These things are amazing (for a surge protector)... :)

I have one that will do 2800 joules...higher the better..

Status
Not open for further replies.