What the better way to go????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkshed

Feeling the Heat
Jan 15, 2012
NH
Decided to fix up the old JRED 455 intead of replace.
I want to put an 18" bar on and here i the dilema...
Go with a factory Jonsered bar and and chain for $80.00 or get a Husky bar with a buy one get one @50% off chain deal for $80.00.
I am told the JRED bar is superior quality but I dont know.
Thoughts?

Husky and Jred are the same just different plastic. Never worry about replacement bars. They will all work. Get cheapest.

Husqvarna bars look like an Oregon bars to me.
I know Oregon makes the chains for Husq.

Check local area for an Oregon dealer, enter your zip. May save some $$ on shipping.
http://www.oregonchain.com/pro/dealer_locator.htm

They have an Oregon bar/chain finder page too

bogydave said:
Husqvarna bars look like an Oregon bars to me.
I know Oregon makes the chains for Husq.

Check local area for an Oregon dealer, enter your zip. May save some $$ on shipping.
http://www.oregonchain.com/pro/dealer_locator.htm

They have an Oregon bar/chain finder page too

Oregon makes their bars too.

rkshed said:
Decided to fix up the old JRED 455 intead of replace.
I want to put an 18" bar on and here i the dilema...
Go with a factory Jonsered bar and and chain for $80.00 or get a Husky bar with a buy one get one @50% off chain deal for $80.00.
I am told the JRED bar is superior quality but I dont know.
Thoughts?

Odds are they're both Oregon bars with brand-specific paint. It really makes no difference.

computeruser said:
Odds are they're both Oregon bars with brand-specific paint. It really makes no difference.

+1

I will say that my local Jonsered dealer had been putting Total bars on his new saws, but I don't know if he still does that.

TreePointer said:
computeruser said:

+1

I will say that my local Jonsered dealer had been putting Total bars on his new saws, but I don't know if he still does that.

Those are better bars than Oregon. They seem to wear much better and seem a bit harder, both on the rails and in the bar (i.e. less prone to bending). Plus they look cool, being all shiny and whatnot.

Thanks.
going with the husky bar and chain deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.