What to do with Fisher Grandpa Bear in new house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I suppose it could be, but the stove is designed with a larger vent for a reason, especially with the wide open doors. What would you place the value of this stove if cleaned up?
I just bought a bicentennial Grandpa Bear for $350 in Wisconsin and was thrilled to get such a deal. Would have paid $400. I would like to repaint it with proper heat safe paint before we install - but keeping the trees and name white/silver will be a challenge.

Waiting to hear from @coaly. Some of these stoves are selling north of $2000.

They'd actually have to get that kind of money. Because the older Fishers are not UL listed it sounds like I am going to have some issues with the one I just bought.

They'd actually have to get that kind of money. Because the older Fishers are not UL listed it sounds like I am going to have some issues with the one I just bought.
No $2000 for an old fisher is insane listed or not. The price you paid was very fair if it's in reasonable condition