What to put under my sauna stove to protect the floor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slackercruster

Oct 21, 2011
It is a small stove. Maybe 15 by 18 footprint. The floor is T & G bamboo solid wood. I was thinking of setting the stove on some Hardie tile backer board. It is similar to Hardie Plank cement fiber lap siding. Only drawback is it is ugly.

What do you guys set your stoves on?

Not sure what a sauna stove is but most of us on hear build or buy a hearth pad for the stove to set on.

You need to get the manual for this stove and see what is required for it. Should say right in there.

Once you know what it requires, we can help you figure out what it will take to meet that requirement.

pen

Give us the stove make and model if this is confusing you.

The company said to put it on anything that does not burn. It is like a regular woodburner. Just has a big lip around the top to hold rocks.

slackercruster said:
The company said to put it on anything that does not burn. It is like a regular woodburner. Just has a big lip around the top to hold rocks.

Sounds like it only requires ember protection . . . in my own case I went with Durock cement board and put on some slate tile to make it look nice.

Where is the floor drain? I would put something under the stove that is both fireproof and waterproof. Also, you don't want any water sitting between the hearth pad and the bamboo floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.