What type of stove pipe should I get?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessek21

Sep 22, 2010
seattle
Ok, so I bought a Avalon wood insert today.

I am going to install it in a basement hearth that has an existing chimney. Is the following piping acceptable for this type of installation? I don't think I would need a double walled piping.

Before I do the installation should I have the chimney cleaned?

Anything else before install?

Congratulations. Yes, absolutely get it cleaned and inspected before installing.

I don't see any following piping information posted. Also, can you describe the existing chimney in detail listing height, current liner, and interior throat dimensions?

Ok so here are some pictures of the fireplace I purchased along with some pictures of the fireplace hearth, inside the hearth, damper and condition of the bricks inside.

One question for inside the insert... should I replace any gaskets, those tubes with holes in them, or anything? I am currently repainting the outside of the stove with stove paint.

Attachments

• misc 1 033.jpg
    misc 1 033.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 143
  • misc 1 034.jpg
    misc 1 034.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 136
  • misc 1 024.jpg
    misc 1 024.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 146
  • misc 1 002.jpg
    misc 1 002.jpg