What will happen if ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

allFIREDup

Oct 24, 2011
Central NH
wondering if anyone has run the combustion blower on a Harman 43 without the external fan blade? The external fan blade seems to be the culprit for noise. I know it's there to move heat away from the motor but will it really cook the motor if it's removed?

It's there for a reason. :) My Quads have the external fan also, but some people have used a replacement motor without the external fan. Of course, the two motors are built differently to handle the heat, I suppose. IMHO, do not take off what the manufacturer put on. If they felt that it needed a fan, then they must have realized that the motor frame couldn't handle the heat without help.

its not the fan...its the outer bearing. If it is the fan...then it's tinging and you should be able to bend the fins back center to quiet it down. or perhaps clean out the fan and free up the dust bunnies. FYI you aint gonna remove that fan without wrecking the motor....you need bearing pullers and other such manufacturing equipment ....unless you are a small motor tech and have access to some industrial criping and pulling tools. I'd stay away from that ...seems easy until you have to put it back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.