What won't the Harman XXV burn?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordgrinz

Jun 20, 2010
Western MA
I've been mixing in a lot of the wet/expanding/exploded pellets I have from the wet pallet of O'kies I got back in spring with the good bags, and so far no problems :) I bought a large litterbox scoop and just filter the pellets that hold together from the sawdust, use it to fill my Aluminum scoop and then pour them into the hopper. This process is working and better than throwing them all out, its the penny pincher in me, I just couldn't do it....LOL

Had a really bad bag like your had there and just poured it straight into the hopper on my P43. It was close to pouring in straight saw dust. Couldn't believe it burned though the bag without any hiccups. I wouldn't recommend doing what I did all the time, I'm sure the excessive fines would build up and cause some problems eventually. Nice to know that the stove was able to handle it though.

after doing much of this, I reccommend taking the cover off your fines box of the feeder and cleaning it out.....some of these fines will end up in the feed mechanism, and eventually could bind it up.......

Lousyweather said:
after doing much of this, I reccommend taking the cover off your fines box of the feeder and cleaning it out.....some of these fines will end up in the feed mechanism, and eventually could bind it up.......

Every two weeks without fail ;-)

Every two weeks huh. I only clean it once at the end of the burn season.

mark2m said:
Every two weeks huh. I only clean it once at the end of the burn season.

Yup, I clean it out along with the combustion fan, blower fan blades, etc.

I have not intentionally filled the hopper with fines, but have never screened
em out either. As long as you are keeping an eye on that fines box, it would
probably be just fine.

My experience with this stove is that it is a workhorse AND looks good.
Can ya tell I love mine? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.