what would u do different??????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

argus66

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2007
central coastal nj
i love my stove and cant really see life without one but i still find i like to go to the old wood stove store and dream a little. if i could go back i may get a morso, or a jotul black bear i really like the cigar box style stoves for some reason but if i had that i want a f3 so who knows . i also like any hearthstone, or almost any soap stone stove. well always fun to look i guess.

I purchased my 30 at such a steal I would have been a damn fool not to purchase it. I love the stove because it is a work horse that is just a no-frills heating machine that I don't need to be all that delicate with, I feel comfortable with, and if something tragic happens (like the wife forgets to close the air down) and the stove self destructs, then I'm out hundreds, not thousands of dollars.

However, in dream land, I would own a BK princess. I think the princess would be the most perfect stove for me that also meets my "not too fancy" taste.

pen

I had that chance when I "returned" my defiant. Don't think I'd go with a different stove at this point. Although, I do spend a lot of time at the Stihl dealer - they also have Kubotas...drool, drool, drool. I'd be happy to trade in my lawn tractor for B3300.

we have a stove shop not to far from where i live that i love going to. they sell new stoves and have a great showroom and its always nice to see the new stuff, however if i drive about 1 1/2 hours away i can go to a used stove shop. its nice to see stoves from the past. one day ill find the stove we had in our house back in the 70's. it was a cigar shaped box stove . simple design, great heat output and didn't break the bank when it was bought. some things keep me going back to just take a look and stove shops are always on my to do list when traveling. have a great weekend . pete

We do not need to wish for some of those old stoves because we've burned a few of them! Some were good, some were great and some were junk.

Until PE makes an Alderlea T4 insert, I'm happy with my Vista. I do like the cast iron look, though.

pen said:
I purchased my 30 at such a steal I would have been a damn fool not to purchase it. I love the stove because it is a work horse that is just a no-frills heating machine that I don't need to be all that delicate with, I feel comfortable with, and if something tragic happens (like the wife forgets to close the air down) and the stove self destructs, then I'm out hundreds, not thousands of dollars.

However, in dream land, I would own a BK princess. I think the princess would be the most perfect stove for me that also meets my "not too fancy" taste.

pen

Agreed, on all points, for my current house/install, heating from the basement. If my stove was upstairs though, I would most likely go with the Fireview.

Sometimes I think it would be neat to have a soapstone stove . . . but then I realize how much I love the Oslo.

Only thing I would perhaps do differently . . . waited and ponied up the extra money for the blue-black Oslo . . . and cue Shari to come along any minute and post a pic of her blue-black Oslo and make me envious. ;) :)

heatwise said:
we have a stove shop not to far from where i live that i love going to. they sell new stoves and have a great showroom and its always nice to see the new stuff, however if i drive about 1 1/2 hours away i can go to a used stove shop. its nice to see stoves from the past. one day ill find the stove we had in our house back in the 70's. it was a cigar shaped box stove . simple design, great heat output and didn't break the bank when it was bought. some things keep me going back to just take a look and stove shops are always on my to do list when traveling. have a great weekend . pete

Next time you are in that used store take some pics if you see something unusual. Post them or email them to me. I am collecting pics of antique stoves or hearth related and posting them on my Facebook account. There is some neat stuff out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.