What would you like to do?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary_602z

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2009
Lake Odessa,MI
Not necessarily with your jobs but do you ever say to yourself,"Man I wish I could do this or that" ?

Just a couple of things for me. I wish that I was artistic enough to draw, and I wish that I could play the piano. Probably some other stuff also! :)

Gary

Oh I suck at singing also!

Just one run out of Columbia without getting caught.

Ever since I was a kid I've wanted to get on a Harley with all my possessions and live a nomadic life. Easy Rider really did a number on me back then. Still have the wanderlust in me. Maybe in a few years when Lady BK retires, but with her possessions we'll need an Airstream.

I would be a fashion designer living in a studio apt in the village...jetsetting to Milan, Paris and London for fashion week.... :)
I always wanted a career in fashion....even to be a personal stylist to the stars would be cool...some of them need to freakin fire their stylists cause they dress like chit. :lol:
I would not be married with that type of career....I would have a "boy toy" in each city....
:coolsmirk:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/NzoHT3hwfCM[/youtube]

A girls gotta dream. BTW, this horse is deaf.

Horse looked like it had a rear leg issue when walking out of the ring. I have a hard time watching horse sports- especially racing, as I constantly worry about the thing getting hurt. I'm too soft.

Good eye, AP. Gunner's always like that. Got a little hitch in his get along. Watch the beginning, and he's doing it, too.

Soft is good :)

Head for the horizon with nothing but the sound of wind in the rigging and water against the hull(s).

Always wanted to learn to play bluegrass fiddle, but keep my lessons/training a secret, and then one day perform out of the blue at a local concert with my friends and family in the crowd not knowing I would be performing.

Would also love an occupation where I am building/making something so I see some results at the end of each day.

Good thread

It's 8:27 in this time zone. Since I awakened, I fed the fire, fed the cat, took a shower, cleaned the kitchen, watered my plants, bestirred Teenthing2 and got him off to school, let animals in and out of the house, schlumped through the snow to the garage and took both cars out of the garage because he was running late, wrestled the broken garage door shut, pulled in five sledloads of wood, including two loads of birches up by the garage, trying to stay out of the sled's way as I pulled it down the hill to the house, and not lose it on the corner so that kept going down the hill past the house and get stuck in the trees, watered the dog, and fed the fire again and shut it down for the day. I'm pretty sure there was more, but I can't remember what it was. Before I leave I have to medicate the dog, put her don't-lick-the-sutures collar on, and block off the stairs so she doesn't fall down the stairs wearing that collar.

Then it will be time to go to work.

I remember hearing a couple of giddy young soccer moms talking to each other (at a soccer game, that's how I knew) and saying, "Let's take a kick-boxing class togther! Wouldn't that be fun! Just to have something to do!" I've never forgotten that, or feeling so completely, utterly befuddled about what that would be like to have to look for something to do.

That's what I think I'd like. Not the kickboxing, but the feeling of just having everything done, and the repose of leisure to simply do anything or nothing. To drink a cup of tea, or walk on the beach, or play my violin/guitar/flute/dulcimer/whatever else is laying around here that needs playing, sing, paint, draw, and not feel "the always coming on, the always rising of the night".

Gotta fly! Fabulous Thursday, everyone. Weekends coming!

Gary_602z said:
Not necessarily with your jobs but do you ever say to yourself,"Man I wish I could do this or that" ?

Just a couple of things for me. I wish that I was artistic enough to draw, and I wish that I could play the piano. Probably some other stuff also! :)

Gary

Oh I suck at singing also!

The Christmas of 1995 I thought it was more important to work until about 9:30 pm Christmas Eve and then make some deliveries. ( Christmas Orders) My mother and father went to Syracuse for Christmas, that was the last Christmas my mother was alive, so I wish that I could go back and spend that last Christmas with the whole family.

zap

I would have a farm with lots of land.

operate a sewing machine with some competency...no joke. I wish I could sew. I gotz some crazy ideas for backpacking crap. Also with I could scare children just by looking at them....wait, I can do that. Nevermind.

Win lotto, quit my job and buy a farm in Vermont.

Get my full scale pilots license.

Convince my wife to let me buy a motorcycle.

... of all 3 I think the last one has the lowest probability of ever happening.

I wish I had the body so that I could go back to sawing lumber. I'd also love to spend a year in the Alaskan bush. Yes, I'm crazy.

Be a gorgeous 28 year old blonde woman for 48 hours.

Start over and do things a bit different. Cept the wife and kid part. They'd have to stay. Or I wouldn't change a thing!

High end custom furniture maker. Do you know how hard it is to make a frigging chair?

snowleopard said:
. To drink a cup of tea, or walk on the beach, or play my violin/guitar/flute/dulcimer/whatever else is laying around here that needs playing, sing, paint, draw, and not feel "the always coming on, the always rising of the night".
!

!!!

snowleopard said:
. To drink a cup of tea, or walk on the beach, or play my violin/guitar/flute/dulcimer/whatever else is laying around here that needs playing, sing, paint, draw, and not feel "the always coming on, the always rising of the night".
!

I change my answer.

Hookers and blow it is!

hossthehermit said:
Be a gorgeous 28 year old blonde woman for 48 hours.

Boy, I'm glad I didn't ask to be with a young blonde!

Status
Not open for further replies.