What's my used Harman Oakwood worth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdonna

Feeling the Heat
Dec 16, 2008
mn
Hey,

I have a Harman Oakwood that was used for a season and a half. Had some problems with it, mostly fixed just needs a window gasket and probably a rear firedome gasket. Combustor is in good shape.

I should also mention it is out of warranty. Never seen one for sale on craigslist used.

Anyone bought a used one or know what price to ask for it? I know it was expensive new, have the BBQ insert for it as well.

Happy heating!

It depends on the local market. Now is a good time to be selling. I'm surprised to hear that you think the window gasket needs replacing. These normally are good for years.

Rule of thumb would be to ask about 50-75% of current market price depending on how quickly you want to move the stove.

Mine was used about as long as yours, and I paid $1200 - a bit over half price at the time, I think. If you ask that or higher, you should get at least a grand.

How's that Fireview working out?

Hey Branch,

Thanks for the input. Wife and I are much happier with the fireview, good burn time, even heat and won't cook you out of the living room. The fireview has been much more tolerant to our strong draft and air leaks in the home. Nice to be able to get a fire settled, set it and forget about it.

Still humming away with the Oakwood?

Hey Branch,

Thanks for the input. Wife and I are much happier with the fireview, good burn time, even heat and won't cook you out of the living room. The fireview has been much more tolerant to our strong draft and air leaks in the home. Nice to be able to get a fire settled, set it and forget about it.

Still humming away with the Oakwood?

Yup, but it's waiting for the really cold weather to do its thing... always a little tough to have just a "small" fire in the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.