What's the current price for a used 044 mag?EDIT- 440 Mag, not 044

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat ones bring $300 and nice shiny ones about $500........ so check it out. If it's in good shape and checks out, $400 is fine.

Everything depends on condition, seems high to me. I bought a used very good condition MS441 last year for $400. This is the model that replaced the 044 a few years back.

Region seems to matter as well......saws in my area sell for a little more than other parts of the country for some reason, especially stihls.

HittinSteel said:
Region seems to matter as well......saws in my area sell for a little more than other parts of the country for some reason, especially stihls.

+1 an 044 that needs nothing 400.00 not bad at all. Seen 036 bring 400.00 CHECK Cylinder!

It'll probably be gone by the time I get down there, but the guy is keeping in contact. Last one I saw locally was $600.

Beetle-Kill said:
Got a shot at one, asking $400.

Offer him $300 cash and see what happens! Or maybe cash + wood trade?? Would it be worthwhile pulling the exhaust and checking out the piston with a flashlight?

I just looked at the ad........ hope you are on the road right now to check it out.

I e-mailed and am calling in a few. can't get down there until after work, it's about a 2 hr. drive from here.

Beetle-Kill said:
I e-mailed and am calling in a few. can't get down there until after work, it's about a 2 hr. drive from here.

ANd?????????

SOLD!!! Just not to me. :shut: We talked about meeting this weekend, but I checked and he yanked the ad. this afternoon. I haven't received his e-mail response, and I couldn't get him on the phone, so I'll probably have confirmation tomorrow. I'm hoping Jutt went down there and picked me up a Christmas present! :lol:

Beetle-Kill said:
SOLD!!! Just not to me. :shut: We talked about meeting this weekend, but I checked and he yanked the ad. this afternoon. I haven't received his e-mail response, and I couldn't get him on the phone, so I'll probably have confirmation tomorrow. I'm hoping Jutt went down there and picked me up a Christmas present! :lol:

Well, I've always wanted a 440 mag...

lol, j/k, sorry you missed it BK...I'm guessing a refurb 6401 from Toolking is in order??

Beetle-Kill said:
I've always liked "Teal" as a color. ;-)

Atta boy:)!

Status
Not open for further replies.