When a tree falls in you backyard, it does make a noise...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WES999

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2008
Mass north of Boston
This pine tree just came down right before my eyes. :ahhh: I was sitting at the computer and watched it fall. Luckily it just missed the house and did not cause any damage.

Pic is looking out of the bulkhead.

Ya know,I really don't need any more wood.

Attachments

• PDR_000a.jpg
    PDR_000a.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 617
Yes it does, but not as loud as I would've expected.

This year I'm burning the tree that clocked my dad on the head. Next year (or so) I get to burn this SOB that ruined my pool!

Gabe

Attachments

• Pool Damage -small.jpg
    Pool Damage -small.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 565
  • Pool Damage -small.jpg
    Pool Damage -small.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 560
That tree is an oak, not a pine. Pin Oak or Scarlet Oak by the looks of the leaves. It looks like it landed on a swimming pool. Glad to hear there was no damage.

Yikes! Heads up, y'all!

Last winter I burned up the last of the fir that tried to take out my mother-in law's house. It wasn't the first one to go down in her yard. Definitely worth keeping an eye on the condition of your trees.

Wood Duck said:
That tree is an oak, not a pine. Pin Oak or Scarlet Oak by the looks of the leaves. It looks like it landed on a swimming pool. Glad to hear there was no damage.

The msg with the oak pic was in response to the one with the EWPine.

Wood Duck said:

2 different trees... the OP has a pine, and yes that's an oak in my pool. Yes there is damage to the pool and filter, but as a 'luxury' item, I am not devestated by it.

Gabe

The good part is nobody got hurt. And watching that thing fall I'm betting you were hoping it missed the house!

As for the pool, nope, can't stand up to an oak.

When they leave the ground they become firewood, some better some worse. The type of firewood is a point of discussion for some people.

We had a big poplar come down in a windstorm last winter. It almost hit the garage, crushed my ladders that were stacked alongside. This was about 9pm and my wife jumped up and said what was that?! Are you going to look? I said, not on your life. I'll check it in the morning when the winds die down.

Smart man BeGreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.