when to buy a new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
about 3 weeks ago :lol: . I think most manufacturers have raised prices recently, but I'm sure there are still some excellent deals to be had if you do your research.

Your pose a very vague question here.

Anytime is good time. There are benefits to shopping post season for left over inventory or perhaps before a price increase but using that logic one could argue that getting a pellet stove would have been better in 2004 when stove and fuel prices were 30% less.

Newer products are usually rolled out about now for next season. Leftover stock is usually discounted until inventory runs out. There are many things to consider. Though you may pay more for a stove this week than last week, the shop may discount some labor or pellet pipe to make up the difference. Pellet stoves are best shopped as packages unless you are willing to DIY.

Many seasonal carries such as Home Depot and Lowes may not have any stock whatsoever and you'll pay full list to get a stove unless its stored on the third shelf up in the garden dept.

You can look online for a some steep discounts, especially this time of year but I do put a note of caution when buying from outlets that do not have service staff. You need to find a guy like me (and there are few), a chimney sweep (do not recommend unless they are NFI Pellet Certified) or you are a handy DIY'er.

Do your shopping. There are some good deals out there. Cash is a small business owner's best friend.

Eric

Where are you located? There is a section on this Forum for articles that are "For Sale". Also check Craiglist.com. Some dealers list there sale prices from there and also people who bought a stove a now realize that there is work involved. Now they just want to "Off It" to someone. Good Deals to be had. Keep all your avenues open.

Status
Not open for further replies.