where do I find the serial # on a Whitfield Advantage ADV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddemerath

Sep 13, 2010
Southern Wisconsin
I recently picked up a used Whitfileld Advantage model ADV (number was on schematic diagram). I am in the process of cleaning it up and wondered where I would find the serial #. The people I bought this from said it was about 11 years old. The stove is in very good shape. Could possibly use a new paint job and will need new fire brick. It also is missing the damper knob. Does the paint need to be high temp or can I paint the shell with any kind of paint? On the inside I will use high temp flat black paint.

Any sugestions would be appreicated.

Thanks

There are 5 different Whitfield Advantage models, so this may not be 100% accurate, but the serial number on an Advantage Plus is located inside the hopper...here's the info from the Plus owners manual:

"The safety listing label is located on an inside hopper surface of the Advantage Plus stove. Please
read this safety label carefully. It contains important information about installation and operation of your
Whitfield Pellet Stove..........Note that your STOVE’S serial number is located on the safety label. Your
stoves serial number is preceded by a “WH-”. "

If you don't have an owners manual, forum member "Wood Heat Stoves" should be able to supply one, and maybe a service manual too. He also will give a discount to Hearth.com members on parts, etc.

http://woodheatstoves.com/whitfield-pellet-stove-parts-c-292_90_99_95.html

Yep...Stove Bright paint is what you need to use...great stuff. My old stove looks like new with just one can.

Thanks for the info. Now the fun begins! It appears that the previous owner painted over the labels on the underside of the hopper. I will have to try to get the paint off some how.

imacman said:
There are 5 different Whitfield Advantage models, so this may not be 100% accurate, but the serial number on an Advantage Plus is located inside the hopper...here's the info from the Plus owners manual:

"The safety listing label is located on an inside hopper surface of the Advantage Plus stove. Please
read this safety label carefully. It contains important information about installation and operation of your
Whitfield Pellet Stove..........Note that your STOVE’S serial number is located on the safety label. Your
stoves serial number is preceded by a “WH-”. "

If you don't have an owners manual, forum member "Wood Heat Stoves" should be able to supply one, and maybe a service manual too. He also will give a discount to Hearth.com members on parts, etc.

http://woodheatstoves.com/whitfield-pellet-stove-parts-c-292_90_99_95.html

there is a how to id video on that page as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.