Where do I want my thermometer on my Defiant?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobUrban

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2010
Central Michigan
I have a VC Defiant knock off and it is ecentially an exact replica from Olympic Crest. I have been really pleased so far and very grateful for all your input. My question is: Where do I want my stove thermometer. I cannot put it on the stove pipe because it is double walled so I have it on top of the stove right in front of the pipe. Should I have it on the right side over the secondary burn area? Just curious because I want to have an accurate reading and be as safe as possible.

Thanks for any help

Stove10162011003.jpg

Stove10162011001.jpg

I believe the suggested location on the Defiants were in the back right corner just off the cooking plate. I know that is where it was suggested for the Vigilant.

Status
Not open for further replies.