Where to buy a chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deck2

Burning Hunk
Aug 1, 2008
Adirondack Foothills, NY
Was thinking of trying Northline Express anyone else have a suggestion? Need a cathedral ceiling support and about 12 feet of chimney. Checked up HD and Lowes but special order is needed and will take a few weeks to get wanted to get this done in the next week or so.

Northline I've used several times for pipe pieces and use them when I can since they're in Michigan. Another bonus is their stuff only takes a day to get to me with standard fedex shipping.

I bought my liner from chimney liner depot and have no complaints with anything from them.

It's hard to beat the customer service from a dedicated chimney supply store. You could fax them drawing of your setup or explain to them what you are trying to do and they will let you know if you are getting the right parts for the job. By and large the big box stores are not going to know or bother to ask if you overlooked ordering an inportant piece they just ship what you order. But you also may pay premium if you want some type of expidited shipping. Depending on the size of the items many times these are sent ground or frieght so it may take up to a week or so to get it. I may have missed it but I have never seen nothing but good reviews of the major suppliers of chimney supplies: Rockford, Dynamite, Fireside, Northline and a few others I know I missed.

We ordered ours all from Northern Tool. Had the best price and everything in stock at the time. The stuff I have ordered from Northline has been good experiences also.

TSC should be putting their DuraPlus on sale now. It's $90/3' section regular price.

Dakotas Dad said:
We ordered ours all from Northern Tool. Had the best price and everything in stock at the time. The stuff I have ordered from Northline has been good experiences also.

Northern Tool had the best prices on Dura Plus that I could find. They do not have a huge selection of components so I used TSC and Amazon as well to complete the chimney. After using the Dura Plus, I would like to see Dura Tech to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.